Group Travel for Trips to Isle of Wight
From small minibus size groups to large coach trips, Red Funnel's dedicated team are here to help. We can offer advice on where to stay and the best places to visit and should you wish, we can also make all your travel and accommodation bookings, including admission to the Island's premier attractions.
The Isle of Wight is an island of inspiration – and your 40km by 20km outdoor classroom. It has a long history of attracting scholars and innovators, including Robert Hooke, Charles Dickens, Karl Marx, Keats, Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Juliet Margaret Cameron and Marconi.
It's an outstandingly beautiful place to study, with Roman remains, a Royal Palace, a Castle that imprisoned a King… and lots of dinosaurs. There are many Sites of Special Scientific Interest just waiting to be explored, including dramatic Downs, forests, beaches and landslips.
Both the Isle of Wight and Red Funnel are geared up for school groups, with loads of great adventures to experience, excellent accommodation facilities, and discounts at attractions. Plus this is one of the sunniest spots in Britain, with palm trees, exotic plants and even our very own lizards. It feels like another world - but you’re just 2.5 hours from London.
So welcome to the Isle of Wight, it’s the smart choice for your educational trip. For further details on our group travel discounts, see our fares page
If you are visiting the Island with your sports club, we can help make it a stress-free journey! We offer great discounts for people travelling in a group.
So bring the team, sit back and relax and enjoy a great atmosphere aboard the ferry. For further details on our group travel discounts, see our fares page
We can help you organise the best stag or hen parties. From arenalin pumping group activities, music events, BBQs on the beach, a full Bearl Grylls style bushcraft experience and evening entertainment. Make it a party to remember on the Island!
For further details on our group travel discounts, see our fares page
What we offer
- Over 150 years experience operating ferries to/from the Isle of Wight and extensive knowledge of what the Island has to offer large coach groups through to small minibus size parties with specific interests.
- Large terminals with dedicated coach lanes and a check-in time of just 30 minutes. Facilities include Steam Coffee Co. outlets, newspapers & magazines, internet access, toilets, outside decked seating area and on peak dates we even offer babecues & live entertainment.
- The largest purpose built ro-ro ferries serving the Island with round-the-clock sailings. No centre casing makes loading and discharge really easy.
- Onboard we have a dedicated café restaurant serving a wide variety of hot and cold food including the famous Red Funnel breakfast, a separate well stocked bar and premium Steam coffee outlet. We even offer FREE Wi-Fi. Facilities you'd expect include lifts, disabled facilities and passenger assistance and can organise bridge visits for 1-4 people upon request.
- Highly trained and friendly staff who are there to ensure your party have a great travel experience and get the most from their visit or holiday.