It’s all about the cows and is the most fabulous and newest holiday attraction on the Isle of Wight. Tapnell Farm has it all: indoor play frame, animals and petting barn, racing track, straw bale play area, huge tennis court-sized bouncy pillow and a top class restaurant and cool accommodation.
Tapnell Farm Park, has loads of activities for kids of all ages. From the entrance there are options in every direction. The 'Mooseum", displaying the brightly coloured painted cows. The Animal Petting area, meet bunnies, goats, guinea pigs, donkeys and Vietnamese Pot-Bellied pigs. Leading through to the Straw Bale Adventure Barn which has adrenaline-fuelled fun thoroughout. The longest indoor zip wires on the Island, two next to each other so you can race your friends. The Straw Bale pyramid, great for crawling and exploring. The Pedal Go Kart track is a great all weather activity with smaller go karts for children up to 8 years and full size go karts for the bigger kids (including adults).
Outside, looking over the countryside towards stunning sea views is the Paddock with the bigger animals, alpacas, sheep and donkeys. A climbing frame for the kids and a mini go-karting track.
The Play Barn, leading off from the cafe, has a three storey farmyard themed soft play zone, packed with bridges, slides, ball pits so loads of activities for kids of all ages to swing, bounce run and jump around. Imagination Playground gives hours of fun for those with a creative little mind.
The Cafe, with seating overlooking the Play Barn, offers hot and cold drinks, snacks and delicious cakes and biscuits.
Just outside is the amazing Jumping Pillow*, a giant inflatable bed of air, a cross between a bouncy castle and a trampoline, kids of all ages love the springy bouncing, but who can jump the highest?
An outdoor play and picnic zone leads through to the Wallaby walkabout, past the Meerkat enclosure and Goat zone.
When exhaustion comes and it's time to go, on your way out is a well stocked gift shop to pick up a souvenir of your day.
Opposite the Park is the beautiful restaurant, all cow-themed, where you can even sit in converted cattle feeders to eat your meal whilst looking out over the brightly painted model cows outside. Beyond are the patchwork of fields, boats in the Solent and the mainland coast; behind you are the rolling downs.
You can even stay in one of the well-equipped safari style tents with large lounge/kitchen, wood burning stove and even a hot tub if you want one. Or there are their new wooden log cabins or smaller wooden ‘pods’ and 'modulogs'. You can even hire the whole manor house.
Isle of Wight Adventure Activities Centre and Target rifle shooting are also on site.
* Bouncing pillow will not be open in wet weather.
- open daily all year
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check out the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 1 hour before closing time.
- large car park so plenty of room to park your car
- disabled spaces are available in the main car park
- disabled toilet facilities
- guide and assistance dogs are welcome
- there is disabled access throughout the park
- children aged 1 and under are free of charge
- baby changing facilities
- microwave in the Farm Park Cafe for customers use
- height restriction of 4'9" in the Soft Play area
- height restriction of 3'4" in the toddler area
- only assistance dogs are allowed at Tapnell Farm
- Farm Park Cafe serving hot and cold drinks, snacks, cakes and biscuits
- The Cow Co restaurant
- at the main entrance with a good range of gifts and souvenirs
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic