Make your favourite Island getaway a real winner
23-12-2015 Do you have a favourite place on the Isle of Wight for going back in time, or lying back and soaking up the sounds, or making a furry friend?
Whether you love the Island for its fabulous family attractions, wonderful walks, diverse arts and unique shops - or for the scrumptious local produce or relaxing in a posh hotel or cosy B&B, don’t miss out on your chance to vote for your best experiences.
Red Funnel’s 2015 myIsleofWight Awards showcases the very best the Island’s tourism industry has to offer, chosen by people who visit and love the place.
But be quick to put your favourites in the spotlight as voting closes later this month, on 31 December 2015.
Now in its fourth year, the Island’s only visitor voted-for awards attracted more than 30,000 votes last year. They reflect the format of Red Funnel’s myIsleofWight.com; The Island’s Independent Guide, with 30 award categories covering the best ‘Things to Do & See’, ‘Favourite Places to Eat’ and ‘Top Places to Stay’.
This year’s winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on 19 January 2016 at Northwood House in Cowes. The top three nominees from each category will be invited to see who has won the coveted handmade Glory Art Glass trophies, to be presented by Kevin George, Red Funnel’s CEO.
Jonathan Green, marketing and communications director for Red Funnel, said: “We’re really excited to see the results of this year’s myIsleofWight.com Awards. Each nominee is a fantastic and much-valued Island business and competition is stiff - but the visitors will have the final say on the winners.
“The awards are really a tribute to the hard work put in by the local companies who deliver excellent experiences and customer services for the Island’s visitors all year round. Red Funnel is very proud to recognise this by supporting the awards.”
The Red Funnel myIsleofWight.com Awards categories are:
- Best Event to Lie Back & Soak up the Sounds
- Best water-based activity provider
- Best Place to get Crafty
- Best Place to Explore Gardens
- Best Place to go Back in Time
- Best Place to make a Furry Friend
- Best Place for Something for the Family
- Best Place to be Immersed in Culture
- Best Event to Burn off the Calories
- Best Shops to Pick up that Special Something
- Best land-based activity provider
- The Best Homemade Burger
- Best Pit Stop Whilst Out Adventuring
- Best Place to Break Your Fast
- Best Fish & Chips in Your Hand
- Favourite Local Produce to Gorge On
- Best Eaterie with a Sea View
- Best Gastronomic Experience
- Best Place to Fill your Boots (Full of Local Produce)
- Best Oldy-Worldy Pub with Island Ale
- Best Cuppa & Slice of Something Nice
- myisleofwight Homemade/Local Produce Champion
- Most Original Place to Stay
- Cosiest Hideaway (self catering)
- Best Place to Hook Up (Caravanning & Touring)
- The Ultimate Hotel Experience
- Best Place to Go Glamping
- Best Place for a Shin Dig (self catering)
- Most Comfy Bed & Hearty Breakfast
- Best Rustic Camping Experience