Set sail for foodie heaven at the IW Garlic Festival
16 August 2017 Red Funnel is inviting people to take part in eight ultimate garlic experiences at the Isle of Wight Garlic Festival 19 to 20 August 2017.
The Garlic Festival, which is one of the Island's most famous festivals, will welcome TV chef Valentine Warner as well as Jane Beedle, finalist from 2016's Great British Bake Off, for a weekend full of cooking demonstrations, garlic-based treats, live music, arts and crafts, children's entertainment and a giant funfair.
Red Funnel and the Isle of Wight Garlic Festival's top eight festival experiences are:
- Black garlic vodka – try a world first from The Garlic Farm
- Black garlic and chocolate ice cream – enjoy a scoop or two of this Island classic
- The 'heat challenge' – take part in a hot garlic taste test, climaxing with 'Vampire Slayer', a seriously hot sauce!
- Garlic bloody Mary – sip on a collaboration between The Tomato Stall and Isle of Wight Distillery
- Garlic beer – available on draught and in bottles
- The 'Slovak Slammer' – a fresh garlic clove wrapped in pork fat and chased down with a neat shot of vodka
- Free tasters of all products, include the new and award-winning 'A Wight Little Pickle'
- Elephant garlic for sale – bulbs the size of a grapefruit!
As well as garlic products, visitors to the Isle of Wight Garlic Festival will have the chance to taste other local produce including meats, vegetables, cheese, honey, wine, cider and juices.
Red Funnel is the sole ticket agent for advance tickets, with adult day tickets available for £9 plus senior and child concession rates and family tickets priced at just £26.50, offering discounts off the on the gate prices. A 15% vehicle ferry discount is also available between 18 and 21 August for Garlic Festival ticket holders.
Jonathan Green, marketing and communications director at Red Funnel said: "The Isle of Wight Garlic Festival has wowed visitors with its amazing garlic concoctions for 34 years, and 2017 will be no different, with a great line-up of food, music and entertainment."