Step into a fusion of sound, vibrant colours, illuminations and oriental flavours at Robin Hill’s award-winning electric woods event, Spirit of the Orient, as the park celebrates Chinese New Year, one of the world’s most popular festivals, this February.
Guests can get involved in an array of exciting oriental-themed activities and entertainment at the park, including the chance to:
- Discover, and even go inside part of, a 12-metre long Chinese dragon procession as it meanders its way around the park’s woodland ponds. Legendary in Chinese mythology, dragons traditionally symbolise power, strength and good luck
- Stand beside the ‘Giants of the Forest’, and experience an interactive astrology-inspired experience hidden amongst three huge redwood trees. Using a touchscreen interface, visitors change customise their own show on the floating walkway by modifying the style of the lighting and music.
- Tie hopes and wishes to the park’s ‘wishing tree’. A symbol of good fortune, legend has that the higher the wish on tree, the more likely it is to come true
- Design your own Chinese lanterns before lighting them and carrying them around the woodlands
- Hold birds of prey, such as owls and falcons, and watch them soar through the skies
- Savour the delights of an authentic oriental menu, including speciality Chinese pork dishes, served by the atmospheric woodland ponds. Guests can also to toast marshmallows on an open brazier