Due to the developing situation with COVID-19 this event has been cancelled.
The annual Isle of Wight Jazz Weekend is one of the UK's most highly regarded small jazz festivals, attracting jazz fans and top-quality musicians from all around the world to play at over 25 gigs and events at various venues in Newport. This years festival is from the 27 - 31 May 2020.
The lineup is carefully chosen to cover a wide range of styles of jazz, to include some well known names, some new ones, some regular visitors and some very talented locals.
The event is non-profit making and is organised by local volunteers and musicians. Each year in addition to the main acts themselves there are workshops and free "fringe" events involving local musicians so you too can get involved.
Newport Jazz Weekend - 2020 Lineup
Wednesday 27th May - Quay Arts Centre, Newport
- Urban Nomads
Thursday 28th May - Various Locations
- It's Trad Dad - Quay Arts Centre, Newport
- Jamie Safir Trio - Newport Minster
Friday 29th May - Various Locations
- IW Youth Jazz Weekend Jazz Orchestra with special guest Pete Long - Quay Arts Centre, Newport
- Nigel Price Quartet - Wes Re-imagined - Newport Methodist Church
- Sara Dowling Quartet, Newport Methodist Church
Saturday 30th May - Various Locations
- Pete Long's 'Benny Goodman' quintet - Newport Methodist Church
- O'Higgins and Luft play Trane and Monk - Quay Arts Centre, Newport
- Derek Nash Acoustic Quartet - Newport Methodist Church
- Saturday Night Strings - Strings Bar, Newport
Sundy 31st May - Various Locations
- Barnes & Newton - Northwood House, Cowes
- Nikki Iles Jazz Orchestra - Trinity Theatre, Cowes
- Tony Kofi 'Portrait of Cannonball - Northwoord House, Cowes
To find out more about these headline acts visit the Isle of Wight Jazz Weekend Website
Getting to the Newport Jazz Weekend is easy from Southampton.
By car - catch the hourly vehicle ferry service from Southampton to East Cowes, the journey will take 55-60 minutes. Upon arrival, head south on Dover Rd following the A3021 and A3054, Fairlee Road to Newport. The journey will take about 15 minutes.
On foot - catch the Red Jet to West Cowes from Terminal 2 in Southampton, On arrival in West Cowes, Southern Vectis operate frequent buses from West Cowes to Newport (service 1). Taxis are also available outside the East & West Cowes terminals. For car hire, we recommend Enterprise - they will pick you-up from either terminal if you tell them your arrival time.