Haulage and Distribution
Steve Porter Transport Group (SPTG) who are part of the KNP Group.
Red Funnel is in a unique position in being able to offer clients a fully integrated transport service to and from the Isle of Wight, thanks to a close partnership with Steve Porter Transport Group (SPTG).
SPTG use Red Funnel's cross-Solent ferry services to offer a total business solution which is unmatched for cost-effectiveness, reliability and security.
- Full loads, Groupage, and Warehousing
- Modern and well maintained fleet of tractor units and trailers (including tautliners and flat bed units)
- Competitive all-inclusive rates
- Dedicated and professional service and support
- Fully trained and experienced staff (including DG)
- Largest transport operator on the Isle of Wight
- Membership of RHA
Enquiries: 01983 291732
Steve Porter Transport Group (SPTG), in partnership with Red Funnel, offer an integrated contract distribution service with the onward delivery of drop trailers from Southampton to any Isle of Wight destination. Empty or back loaded trailers are then returned to Southampton for client collection.
- Trailers can be received, shipped and delivered at any time of day
- All trailer movements are made in accordance to a pre-agreed schedule
- Back-loads (ex Isle of Wight) can be accommodated
- Secure trailer standing areas at the ferry terminals and in Newport, Isle of Wight
- Modern tractor and tug units
- Highly competitive rates
- Professional service, highly trained staff and proven track record with both ambient and chilled goods
- Major Blue chip clients
- Unique service
Enquiries: 01983 291732
The service is suitable for any firm looking to reduce costs by gainfully re-deploying drivers and tractor units on the mainland instead of making their own Island deliveries.
SPTG and Red Funnel offer both the flexibility of 'block' booked slots and the ability to cater for time sensitive ad-hoc shipments. Clients can simply drop trailers at our secure terminal in Southampton, complete the necessary paperwork, including any client invoked trailer checks, and leave the rest to us.
We offer a high level of service reliability making a complex just-in-time operation entirely feasible. For example, we can deliver to an Island store to meet a specific slot, unload caged goods, then load a refrigerated back load at another location and ship the unaccompanied trailer back to Southampton to meet incoming drivers and units.
For FMCG clients, Red Funnel terminal staff, shunters and SPTG drivers are fully trained in handling refrigerated trailers, temperature partitions, cages and tail lifts. We operate the largest vehicle ferries ever to serve the Isle of Wight with an unmatched record for service reliability and punctuality.