Southampton - Passenger Ferry Terminal to West Cowes, Isle of Wight
Terminal 2, Town Quay, Southampton, SO14 2AQ
Current Opening times:
Mon to Fri: 05:35-08:15 / 16:15-20:15
Sat & Sun: 06:55-08:15 / 16:15-18:55
Terminal 2 is for our Red Jet Hi-Speed passenger only service to West Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Hythe Ferry also operates its services to Hythe from here. If you want to travel to East Cowes please walk the short-distance to Terminal 1 and catch our passenger vehicle ferry service.
For details on parking in Southampton, please see the 'Parking' tab below.
- Foot passengers - 5 to 15 minutes (peak times)
If you are traveling by vehicle ferry please see check-in details here
Foot Passengers - tickets & check-in
- Foot passenger tickets for this route can be purchased from the ticket office either in advance of travel or on the day of departure.
- If you purchased attraction tickets online please quote your booking reference at the ticket office to receive your credit card size admission tickets.
- Foot passenger boarding normally commences 15-20 minutes prior to sailing. You will be required to show your ticket when joining the ship. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time as the passenger gangway will close promptly.
- Passengers who board via the passenger gangway but decide to disembark the ship in a vehicle must notify the 'Onboard Services Officer' who can be found on 'B' deck.
- A responsible fare-paying adult must accompany children under 12 years.
We hope you have a great trip!
- Ticket & booking office
- Self-service ticket machines
- Visitor information
- Cash machine (TBC)
- Steam Coffee shop (hot & cold food, newspapers & magazines)
- Comfortable waiting area with sofas, tables & chairs and real-time travel information
- Free WiFi
- Luggage trolleys
- Accessibility - suitable for wheelchairs (several available), handrails provided on ramped entrances & walkways, disabled toilet facilities, assistance available
Sat Nav: SO14 2AQ
Approaching from the West
- Exit the M27 at Junction 3.
- At the roundabout, take the third exit onto M271 (follow the brown visitor signs to WestQuay & Waterfront) for 1.72 miles (2.77 km)
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Redbridge Road for 0.49 miles (0.79 km)
- Continue onto Millbrook Flyover (A3024) for 0.37 miles (0.60 km)
- Continue onto A3024 for 1.62 miles (2.61 km)
- Bear right onto West Quay Road (A3057) for 0.81 miles (1.30 km) - you'll pass IKEA on your left
- At the roundabout (with the Grand Harbour Hotel to your left and the Holiday Inn to your right), take the second exit onto Town Quay Road (A3057) for 0.30 miles (0.48 km)
- At the second set of traffic lights turn right onto Town Quay, you'll find Terminal 2 on your left after 0.09 miles (0.14 km).
From Midlands and the North
- Exit M3 at Junction 14 onto the A33 (West) following signs to Docks for approximately 5 miles.
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Bassett Avenue (A33) for 0.82 miles (1.32 km)
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Bassett Avenue (A33) for 0.32 miles (0.51 km)
- Continue onto A33 for 1.36 miles (2.19 km)
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Dorset Street (A33) for 0.41 miles (0.66 km)
- At the roundabout, take the third exit onto East Park Terrace for 0.36 miles (0.58 km)
- Continue onto Palmerston Road for 0.22 miles (0.35 km)
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Queensway for 0.39 miles (0.63 km)
- Turn right onto Briton Street for 0.10 miles (0.16 km)
- Turn left onto High Street for 0.10 miles (0.16 km)
- At the Traffic Lights drive straight ahead onto Town Quay, you'll find Terminal 2 on your left after 0.09 miles (0.14 km)
From the East
- Exit M27 at Junction 5
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Stoneham Way (A335)
- After approx 1 km turn left at the junction onto Thomas Lewis Way (A335)
- After approx 3 km (A335) keep left at the fork, following the A335
- Continue along Onslow Road (A335) for 0.30 miles (0.48 km)
- At the traffic lights go straight ahead and then bear left onto Dorset Street (A33) for 0.10 miles (0.16 km)
- At the Charlotte Place roundabout, take the second left onto Saint Andrew's Road and follow the A33 for 0.22 miles (0.35 km)
- At the major junction, turn right onto Kingsway (A33) for 0.21 miles (0.34 km)
- Continue along St Mary's Place (A33) for 0.19 miles (0.31 km)
- Bear left onto Evans Street (A33) for 0.10 miles (0.16 km)
- Keep in the right hand lane and follow Marsh Lane (A33) for 0.10 miles (0.16 km)
- Drive straight ahead at the next two traffic signalled junctions and on to Terminus Terrace (A33) for 0.12 miles (0.19 km)
- At the junction, turn right on to Platform Road (A33) for 0.17 miles (0.27 km)
- At the third set of Traffic Lights turn left onto Town Quay, you'll find Terminal 2 on your left after 0.09 miles (0.14 km)
Triangle Car Park
Sited within 5 minutes walk of the terminal, the 270 space Triangle car park holds the Safer Parking Scheme ParkMark® and has full CCTV coverage. Auto Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) is also in use. It is not possible to pre-book so please pay on arrival at the car park either by credit/debit card, ticket machine or by mobile phone. Cunard Road, Southampton SO14 3QN, UK
There is limited short-term pay & display parking at the end of Town Quay but to avoid being clamped and heavily fined by the operator please don't use restricted bays.
There's short-term parking in Mayflower Park (229 spaces) and surrounding streets. A good longer stay option is Glouester Square (90 spaces) and Ocean Cark Park (776 spaces) which has a ParkMark®. Other large large multi-stories include WestQuay shopping centre (2489 spaces - overnight parking not-permitted) and Eastgate Street (709 spaces).
There is bus stop immediately outside the main passenger entrance. Red Funnel's Quayconnect shuttle bus operates between Southampton Central rail station via the city centre with stops at Asda (closest stop to Southampton's National Express coach station) and the WestQuay shopping centre. More about Quayconnect.
There is a taxi rank outside Terminal 2, turn left when exiting the terminal. Taxis can also pre-booked from these local firms: -
|West Quay Cars||tel. 023 8099 9999|
|Radio Taxis||tel. 023 8071 9200|
|ATS Taxis||tel. 023 8022 2222|
|Streamline Taxis||tel. 023 8022 3355|
Our vehicle ferry service to East Cowes departs from Terminal 1 - a short walk along Town Quay. Hythe Ferry services to Hythe arrive and depart from Terminal 2.
- Bus stop (Quayconnect service to city centre and train station)
- Passenger drop-off area
- Taxi rank
- Car park (Triangle & Town Quay car parks)
- Ferry service to Hythe
- Ocean and City cruise terminals
- Grand Harbour, Holiday Inn, Hotel Mercure & Oxford Street restaurant quarter