East Cowes to Southampton
Trinity Road, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO32 6RF
Arriving & Departing East Cowes
This is the terminal for our passenger vehicle ferry service to Terminal 1 in Southampton. In case you were wondering, our passenger only Red Jet Hi-Speed service to Southampton operates from across the river at West Cowes.
For details on parking in East Cowes, please see the 'Parking' tab below.
- Ticket & booking office - offering ferry tickets and through-tickets for rail & National Express coach services
- Self-service ticket machines - offering ferry and through-rail tickets
- Comfortable waiting area with sofas, tables & chairs and real-time travel information
- Free WiFi
- Visitor information
- Steam Coffee kiosk with outside seating area
- Luggage trolleys
- Accessibility - suitable for wheelchairs (several available), handrails provided on ramped entrances & walkways, disabled toilet facilities, assistance available
- Foot Passengers - 10 to 60 minutes before departure
- Vehicles - 30 to 60 minutes before departure
Sat Nav: PO32 6RA
- From Newport: take the A3021 to East Cowes (allow 15 minutes) or the A3020 to West Cowes where you will need to use the floating bridge accross the river to East Cowes (see below).
- From Ryde: Travel west on the A3054 towards Newport, at the roundabout take the A3021 to East Cowes.
- From Yarmouth: Travel east on the A3054 towards Ryde, at the roundabout turn left and take the A3021 to East Cowes.
Floating Bridge: Operates between West and East Cowes 7 days a week. Carries passengers (£1 return) and vehicles up to large vans, minibuses and pick-ups. Only 12 minute walk from Red Funnel's West Cowes terminal, 2 minute walk from the East Cowes terminal. Allow 15-20 minutes to cross.
On street parking is available in York Avenue, on the Esplanade and in various other streets in the town.
There is also limited parking at the terminal accessed via Dover Road for dropping off or collecting passengers (waiting time 20 minutes - enforced 24/7). There is also 2 dedicated spaces for blue badge holders.
- Connecting Bus Services - East Cowes
Frequent buses operate between Waitrose in East Cowes and Ryde (Service 4) and Newport (Service 5). Both services stop near Osborne House. At Ryde and Newport there are connections across the Island. Service 5 connects with ferry arrival and departures, stopping outside Waitrose (just a few minutes walk from the terminal).
- Taxi Services
It is advisable to pre-book a taxi before arriving in East Cowes. To pre-book tel. 01983 280800 (Rounsevell Cars)
- Water Taxis
Services can be pre-booked. They will pick-up from the Grid Iron at the south end of Trinity Wharf.
- Cowes Harbour Taxis, tel 07855 767918 (VHF Ch 77 "Harbour Taxi")
- Sally Water Taxis, tel 07831 331717 (VHF Ch 06 "Sally Taxi")
- Folly Inn Launch, tel 07884 400046 (VHF Ch 72 "Folly Launch")
- Cowes Floating Bridge
Connects the towns of East and West Cowes for foot passengers and vehicles.
Operates: (subject to tides and navigation) Every 10 -15 minutes, 18 hrs per day, 365 days a year. First Sailing: 0500 hrs Mon- Sat (0635 hrs Sun), Last Sailing: after midnight (approx 0025 hrs). Tariff: £1 return. Tel. 01983 293041
Many of the listed hire operators above will meet Red Funnel customers upon arrival at East Cowes.
- Bus stop (Southern Vectis connecting services 4 & 5 to Newport and Ryde)
- Passenger drop-off area
- Taxi rank
- Waitrose supermarket, shops in the High Street, the Promenade,
- Osborne House
- Albert Cottage Hotel, Waverley Caravan Park