Your personal information: How we collect it, use it and protect it.
This site has been designed to offer Internet customers straightforward information that is unambiguous and not misleading. Because your privacy is important to us, Red Funnel operates by these principles:
Protecting your privacy
Your information will be held by Red Funnel Group (which trades as Red Funnel) and handled according to the following principles:
- We will not collect your personal information without your prior knowledge or permission.
- Your personal information will only be accessible on our website to you and Red Funnel where you have clearly agreed to this.
- We will only ask you to provide information about yourself when necessary for a specified purpose. For example, this could be when you are making a reservation online, joining 'My Red Funnel', entering a Competition or providing us with your Comments.
- In making a booking with Red Funnel, you agree to our contacting you in connection with your booking. However, receipt of such a communication, does not mean that you have been added to a Red Funnel mailing list.
- In joining 'My Red Funnel' and opting-in to receive marketing information by email or in the post, you agree to our using your personal information to tell you about new features, services, and products from the Red Funnel Group of companies that we believe may be of interest to you. If at any time you wish to opt-out of receiving such information, you may do so by logging-in (on our website) to 'My Red Funnel' and changing your preferences. We do not recommend that you delete or enter incorrect information in the name, address or email fields of your account, to ensure your opt-outs remain in force.
- In joining the 'My Rewards' scheme, you agree to being contacted by Red Funnel by email or in the post with news, offers and updates that we believe may be of interest to you. This will be independent of any other marketing preferences you have may have selected within your 'My Red Funnel' account.
- We will not supply your personal information to any third-party organisations without your permission.
- ‘All personal data held in the UK by Red Funnel will be governed by the UK Data Protection Act 1998 until 25th May 2018, when this will be replaced by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Policy will be reviewed and updated in line with any changes in the relevant legislation and technology in use.
Complying with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR comes into effect on 25th May 2018 and changes UK data privacy law to give you more control over how your data is used, how you're contacted, as well as better protection for your personal data.
We will be updating our Privacy Notice to reflect these changes (effective from 25 May 2018). We won't be changing the way we use your personal information, but the new notice will provide you with additional details such as:
• Your increased rights in relation to the information we hold about you
• How we keep your personal information secure
• The types of personal information we collect about you and how we use it
• The legal grounds for how we use your information
We'll now ask you how you would like to be contacted and as a Red Funnel Group customer, you'll choose how you would like to receive updates from us on features, products and offers. There are no additional changes to our terms and conditions.
5 things you need to know about GDPR
1. Technological advances have meant the amount of personal data being generated is rapidly increasing, which is why the law needed to be updated to better protect people. All companies now have to review how they manage all personal data.
2. It will give you more control over your personal data and how it is used. You'll have greater visibility and control over the personal data organisations hold about you. This means you can have greater confidence that information about you is accurate, up-to-date and properly managed.
3. You can choose who contacts you, and how - organisations now need to ask for your consent so they can contact you about offers, products or services they think you'll find useful or interesting. To comply with GDPR, these requests need to be clear and straightforward.
4. You can also change your mind at any time - under the new rules, it should be easier to update your preferences on what you want to receive and how.
5. Your data will be better protected - organisations holding personal data now need to have the right processes in place to protect it and not put it at risk or face hefty fines.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer's hard drive via your web browser, allowing us to ensure that we understand how our website is being used and to enable us to improve your experience whilst on our website.
Website Cookies and how we use them
Like most websites, ours requires the use of "cookies" to work correctly and to provide you with the high level of functionality and convenience that you expect.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Some cookies are deleted once you leave our website "session cookies", while other cookies remain after you leave our website "persistent cookies" so that you are recognized when you return to the website.
If you pro-actively click to indicate that you wish the website to remember certain details (such as a username and password) a cookie will be downloaded so that, upon re-visiting the same page in the website, the cookie will automatically re-populate the information remembered, without your having to re-enter it. Cookies identify a computer rather than an individual, unless you have knowingly provided us with personal information.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent this. The "help" section of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
How to Delete Cookies
All web browsers off an easy way to delete cookies that have been placed; you can choose to delete cookies every time you close your website browser or you can delete them manually whenever you choose to. You will generally be able to delete cookies from the "Setting" of your website browser. As all website browsers are different, you can click the "Help" button in your browser and enter the word "cookies" to search for information on how to delete them.
Strictly Necessary Website Cookies
These cookies are required to make the website work correctly and to ensure that you experience the level of service and functionality that you expect.
|Cookie ID||Purpose||How long it lasts|
|sIFRFetch||Used to improve the display of certain parts of the website in your browser||Until you close your browser|
|REDFUNNEL||Stores your shopping basket, browsing history, search requirements and other various booking process data excluding payment info||Until you close your browser|
|ARPT||This is a technical session cookie set by our website to share the number of visitors we get on our site between web servers. This is so the site does not overload and can perform at its optimum potential||Until you close your browser|
|cookie-test||Used to determine if cookies are enabled in your browser||Expires 6 minutes after being set|
Website Functionality Cookies
These cookies are activated when you make choices such as remember usernames and passwords, to make it more convenient for you when you next visit our website.
|Cookie ID||Purpose||How long it lasts|
|MYRF.email||To remember the email you use to log into your My Red Funnel account||14 days unless you delete your cookies manually|
|MYRF.password||To remember the password you use to log into your My Red Funnel account||14 days unless you delete your cookies manually|
|resource_preferences||Used to store the users search details for a subsequent visit||30 days unless you delete your cokkies manually|
|REDFUNNEL||Contains the Authorisation Token||The cookie is only valid during current browser session and it will be deleted when you close browser|
|ferry-form||Contains information about your searched departure. Like amount of passengers, what type of travel, travels from and destination|
|Redfunnel.remember||Contains user that checked "remember me" during login|
|BadBrowser||A cookie that is used if the user uses an old Internet Explorer browser. (IE6)|
|Redfunnel.Home||Contains mainland or island site version and navigation, depending on what the user sets on the site to||This cookie expires in 365 days|
|_RequestVerificationToken||Contains the antiForgeryToken for security.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Session data||The cookie is only valid during current browser session and it will be deleted when you close browser|
|__RequestVerificationToken||Stops fraudulent website form submissons||As above|
|BIGipServerREFUWEB_Pool||For load balancing and ensuring the website is stable||As above|
Website Performance Cookies - Google Analytics (by Google.com)
Full information about Google Analytics cookies can be found on the Google Analytics website.
|Cookie ID||Purpose||How long it lasts|
|_utma||We use Google Analytics to provide us with anonymous data showing how visitors use our website. This data enables us to improve our service and offer you the best possible experience. These cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the website, where they have come from and how long they spent on the site.||2 years unless you delete your cookies manually|
|_utmb||As above||30 minutes no longer in us|
|_utmz||As above||6 months unless you delete your cookies manually|
|_utmv||As above||2 years unless you delete your cookies manually|
|_ga||As above||This cookie expires in 729 days|
|_gid||As above||The cookie is only valid during current browser session and it will be deleted when you close browser|
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
|Cookie ID||From Website||Purpose||How long it lasts|
|svid||mediaplex.com||Ad Tracking||36 months|
|mojo1||mediaplex.com||Ad Creative Rotation||36 months|
|mojo2||mediaplex.com||Vendor Pixel Exposure||36 months|
|mojo3||mediaplex.com||Vendor Pixel Exposure||36 months|
|uid||ad.yieldmanager.com||Ad Tracking||Until it is removed|
|bh||ad.yieldmanager.com||Ad Tracking||Until it is removed|
|test-cookie||doubleclick.net||Checks for permissions||Until it is removed|
|quantserve.com||mc||Ad Tracking||Until it is removed|
|IDE||doubleclick.net||DoubleClick - Used to track users/converters for marketing attribution purposes||This cookie expires in 389 days|
|fr||facebook.com||Facebook - Builds custom audiences using the data passed back. Facebook consults its users during sign-up that their data may be used for this purpose.||This cookie expires in 89 days|
|ra1_uid||gwallet.com||RadiumOne - Analytics cookie used to collate information to aid remarketing activity||This cookie expires in 364 days|
|ra1_sgm_1993904393||gwallet.com||RadiumOne - Analytics cookie used to collate information to aid remarketing activity||This cookie expires in 364 days|
|ra1_sid||gwallet.com||RadiumOne - Analytics cookie used to collate information to aid remarketing activity||This cookie expires in 364 days|
|RA1balancer||gwallet.com||RadiumOne - Analytics cookie used to collate information to aid remarketing activity||This cookie expires in 364 days|
|sess||gwallet.com||AppNexus - "Contains a single non-unique value: “1”. It is used by the Platform to test whether a browser is configured to accept cookies from AppNexus." - Direct quote from https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/cookie-policy|
These cookies may be placed by Twitter to enable their functionality to work correctly. We have no control over these cookies but full information about Twitter's cookies can be found on the Twitter website.
|Cookie ID||From Website||How long it lasts|
|pid||twitter.com||Until you close your browser|
|guest_id||twitter.com||Until you close your browser|
|k||twitter.com||Until you close your browser|
|_twitter_sess||twitter.com||Until you close your browser|
These cookies may be placed by Facebook to enable their functionality to work correctly. We have no control over these cookies but full information about Facebook's cookies can be found on the Facebook website.
|Cookie ID||From Website||How long it lasts|
|datr||facebook.com||Until you close your browser|
|lsd||facebook.com||Until you close your browser|
|reg_fb_gate||facebook.com||Until you close your browser|
|reg_fb_ref||facebook.com||Until you close your browser|
|wd||facebook.com||Until you close your browser|
Use of Web tags
All of the pages of the Red Funnel website contain commonly used web tags, which enable us to monitor basic but invaluable information about the use of the website, such as how a visitor found the website, which pages were visited and whether a purchase was made, among others. We use Google Analytics to generate these tags and for the tracking, analysis and reporting of the resulting data. The information collected by these tags is anonymous.
The information from these tags allows us to build an accurate picture of how our website is being used and to identify any areas for improvement.