Inspiring Isle of Wight Adventures Since 1861
For 162 years, Red Funnel has been connecting passengers between the Isle of Wight and Southampton. And while a lot has changed – our paddle steamers have been replaced with state-of-the-art vessels, our onboard facilities are a whole lot better than they were in 1861 – you’ll be greeted with the same warm welcome, standout customer service, and an adventurous spirit when you arrive on board.
- We're the original Isle of Wight Ferry! Red Funnel has over 162 years of experience sailing the Southampton to Isle of Wight
- Award-winning customer service
- Refundable Flexi Fares with free amendments
- Saver Fares from just £28 each way
- More than 35 crossings each day and easy online bookings
- Foot passengers can enjoy a crossing time from just 30 minutes
- Vehicle ferry crossing times from just 60 minutes
Stay & Save
Save 25% off ferry travel when you book your accommodation and ferry together
We've got a great range of places to stay that suit all travel styles and budgets. Choose from charming hotels, cosy cottages, quaint B&Bs, or the great family facilities offered at our holiday parks and campsites.
Welcome to the Isle of Wight
Fit more in on the Isle of Wight, with over 25 beaches, 50 attractions, and 100s of miles of trails to explore. Recently crowned a UNESCO Biosphere, the Island offers stunning landscapes and coastline, and loads of things to see and do, all within less than an hour’s drive.