Tumbling through the netted and cushioned playframe, or shooting down the multi-lane astro slide, your kids will love to play in the indoor adventure playground at JR Zone. And what better place is there for them to let off steam, especially if there's a rainy day (surely not!), during your holiday.
Just in time to chill out and cool off, Artic Blast was launched summer 2016 at JR Zone, adding another 2 levels to the play frame. The 7 new features have been custom-designed and children can tumble down The Avalanche, tackle the Ice Wall, brave the Glacier Bridge, battle through frozen stalacitites in Icicle Dash, get a great view from the Ice Cube - highest point of the whole frame, to the Chill Zone with its motion detecting downdraft fans creating a blustery blizzard and finally Frozen Ravine creating an illusion of endless drop using state of the art LED lights.
Dare you cross the Sky Walk - a suspended and netted rope bridge high above the café? The new High Zone also has the Infinity Pit that crosses a ‘deepest, darkest, black hole illusion created by state of the art LED lights’ and a Hump Back Bridge soaring high above the Astra slide, before creeping across the Drop Zone - two clear panels over a 12 foot sheer drop!
Descend from here down through the tower to ground level down the Tumble Platforms, or scramble into the Hi-Viz Crawl, with scary views down from the high level crawl way, before you plunge into the dark in the Midnight Tube, and ending up in the darkened Spooky Zone.
All ages can come to JR Zone – under 1s are free and have interactive and soft play areas, 1s to 4s also have their own special toddler zone – no older kids allowed!
In the evenings JR Zone becomes a war zone with Laser Storm. You’re in a darkened arena with loud music pumping out, laser lighting and billowing smoke to create an amazing atmosphere. Test your combat skills in team games, or all against all. From age 7 to 70 (and upwards!), Laser Storm is fun for ‘kids’ of any age. All laser events are for groups of 10 or more, and MUST be pre-booked and paid for direct with JR Zone
Your children will love the adventure and grown-ups love it too – there’s a café with ‘lite bites’, yummy cakes, plenty of seating and free WIFI.
- open daily all year with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing Day when closed
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- Cafe opens from 08:00 Monday to Friday and 10:00 at the weekend
- 1 hour before closing time
- plenty of car parking
- flat level access to the whole ground floor
- disabled parking bays
- disabled toilet facilities
- cafe tables accommodate wheelchairs
- children of all ages are welcome, with special areas for babes under 1 year, toddler area for 1-4 year olds and adventure play for 5 to 12 year olds
- baby changing facilities available
- serving light snacks to full meals
- home-baked cakes
- hot and cold drinks
- Please note that only food purchased at JR Zone may be consumed on the premises
- available throughout the building
Rules of play
- please see Rules of Play tab for important do's and don'ts
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
Parents/Guardians remain responsible for the behaviour and safety of their children throughout their stay at JR Zone
For everyone's safety the following rules apply to all customers
- Supervision - all children must be accompanied by an adult
- Loose Articles - leave badges, jewellery and spectacles with a parent
- Footwear - shoes must be removed before play. Socks/tights must be worn
- Hygiene - always wash your hands after visiting the toilet and eating
- Food and Drink - only food and drink purchased at JR's may be consumed
- Parking - please park only in the marked bays to keep the neighbours happy
- Problem - just contact a member of staff for assistance
- Foodstuffs - no food, drinks or gum in the play areas
- Slides - no climbing or running UP the slides
- Cords - clothing with ropes and cords must not be worn in the play area
- Fighting - fighting and bumping are not tolerated and you may be asked to leave
- Sharp Objects - no sharp objects allowed in the play areas
- Climbing - do not climb up the netted walls or the frame structure
- Throwing - do not throw balls or other objects at other people
- Sickness - children who are unwell should not enter the play area
JR Zone Address: 55 Manners View, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5FA