As pretty as a postcard and with hours of fun for everyone, you can see how flour is made at Calbourne Water Mill, the last working mill on the Isle of Wight. Then punt on the mill pond, wander the war museum and hand feed the large collection of wandering birds.
Save 15% off car ferry travel with admission tickets when booking together as a package deal.
How to book:
- Step 1: Add your attraction tickets to the basket below (minimum of 1 x family/group or 2 x adult/senior tickets).
- Step 2: Click here to book the ferry (the ferry discount will be shown on the checkout page).
Calbourne is one of the oldest working mills in the country and dates back almost 1000 years to the Domesday Book. See how flour and ground oats are made, then buy bread and muesli made from these in the café, or bags for your own baking.
Feed the peacocks, geese, ducks, moorhens and doves then explore the beautiful ancient oak woodland which is home to badgers, red squirrels and foxes and is full of wild flowers.
The stream at the bottom of the hill, behind the café, is home to eels and the fish in the mill stream are always hungry. Buy a bag of fish food and watch them almost leap out of the water to get it!
There’s a small war museum that has an enormous sculptured model of Churchill and a barn full of kitchenalia, including vintage cookers and washing machines. ‘Housekeeping with Grandma,’ is an especially amusing exhibition and a fake fire station has mannequin fire fighters.
Make models from air drying clay in the family Clay-play area and Logo Tables and a Giant Chalkboard for kids. Play adventure golf by the side of the mill stream or have a go at croquet or petanque. Hire a punt if you’d like a relaxing float down the stream or a pedalo if you’ve got more energy.
The fully licensed café serves daily specials, sandwiches, freshly made soup, pancakes, and a children’s selection, along with homemade cakes and yummy cream teas and there’s a great gift shop too.
- open daily from 24 March - 5 November 2018
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 30 minutes before closing time.
- car parking available
- wheelchair accessible except for upstairs mill
- disabled toilet facilities
- children aged 4 and under are free of charge
- baby changing facilities available
- serving a selection of delicious menu of sandwiches, pancakes, fresh home made soup, daily specials as well as a children's menu. Teas, coffees and wonderful cakes and scones
- Calbourne's own full range of Muesli, Porridge Oats and flour, and home made jams, chutneys, freshly baked bread and famous Miller's Shortbread Rounds.
- daily at 15:00 during the summer season (except Saturdays)
Things to do
- small war museum
- many little rural museums
- family clay play area*
- 18 hole putting green*
- punt on the stream*
- croquet & petanque*
*additional charges apply
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
( @RedFunnel @calbournewatermill)
Calbourne Water Mill Address: Newport Road, Calbourne, Isle of Wight, PO30 4JN