Why Choose Us?
Enjoy a better travel experience...
Our goal is simple; we strive to offer guests an unrivalled travel experience. This means multi-award winning customer service, delicious food and drinks (sourced locally where possible), value for money fares and superb onboard facilities like free Wi-Fi and our premium Signature Lounge. So whether you want to work, socialise or just soak up the sun, you are always assured a warm Red Funnel welcome.
Get loyalty rewards and exclusive partner discounts including TGI Fridays, The Real Greek and many more! From food, drinks, attractions and places to stay, rewarding yourself has never been better!
Find out more on our Loyalty Rewards Scheme page.
155 years of experience
With roots back to 1820, Red Funnel is the original Isle of Wight ferry company. Much has changed since the days of the iconic steam powered paddle steamers which ran daily excursions from Southampton as far as Brighton, Cherbourg and Torquay. Whilst famous ships like Gracie Fields and Lorna Doone are confined to the history books we are still just as passionate about providing value for money and delivering great customer service.
Our staff are trained to deliver a level of service which exceeds your expectations. On-board you will find a great range of locally sourced food, real coffee, a well stocked bar and relaxing lounges with modern facilities such as air conditioning, TV's and FREE WiFi. If you love a sea breeze, the outer decks offer fine views of the Solent - and if you prefer to travel in style find out more about our Signature Lounge.
Easy to book
Booking your vehicle or buying tickets is really easy, you can book up to 2 hours before a sailing departs or give us a call on 0844 844 9988. Our cheapest fares are always found online and are shown alongside every sailing. There are no hidden extras - the price you see is the price you pay and you'll be sent your ticket by email - how easy is that?
Easy to get to
Southampton is our home port and gateway to the Isle of Wight. The city has excellent road, rail and air connections and is easily accessible from all parts of the UK using private or public transport. There is ample parking in close proximity to our terminals for those wishing to travel on foot.
Did you know?
- We are one of the oldest surviving shipping companies in the world!
- We offer 36,000 departures and sail 365 days a year regardless of the weather
- Every year, our multi-award winning service is experienced by 3.4 million travellers across the Solent
- We are fully bonded so we can offer attractively priced holiday accommodation & activity based packages as well as tickets to events and a wealth of top attractions
- We have been awarded annual RoSPA Safety Awards since 1999, including an Order of Distinction after achieving 17 Gold Medals in succession. We are also proud to have ISO9001 & ISO14001 accreditation for safety and environmental management