Ocean Cruise Terminal
The £19m Ocean Cruise Terminal (berth 46) was opened in 2009 and is a distinctive city landmark adjacent to the Ocean Dock. Designed by The Manser Practice, the opening was marked by the maiden arrival of P&O's Oceana.
It was named after the famous art deco style Ocean Terminal which stood on the opposite side of the Ocean Dock. It was opened by Prime Minister Clement Attlee on July 31 1950 and was home to many of the great transatlantic liners of the world, including Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary and SS France. It finally closed in 1980 and was demolished in 1983.
The new terminal is capable of handling ships with a capacity of 4,000 passengers and will comfortably accommodate the largest cruise vessels, at least for the time being!