Mayflower Park is a public park west of the Royal Pier and immediately to the east of berth 101. Like most of the land in the western docks, it was reclaimed from mud flats in the 1930s.
It was originally called the Royal Pier Recreation Ground, and by 1955 at least part of it was being used as an unofficial car park. In the same year it was refurbished and renamed Mayflower Park.
The name came from the fact that the port was the point of departure for the Pilgrim Fathers who set sail for New England aboard Mayflower in 1620. Since 1969 the annual Southampton International Boat Show is held annually in the park and is a great day out for any boating enthusiast.