Employee Benefits at Red Funnel
After all this time in service, we have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to offering employee benefits. We currently provide a range of extras which we feel cover four key areas that are likely to add value to all parts of your life, not just your career.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance- It’s important to us that our colleagues feel healthy and happy at work. With Private Medical Insurance available, including a 24 hour helpline and access to BUPA’s medical advice website, you can have peace of mind when it comes to your wellbeing.
- Validium Employee Assistance Scheme- With our Employee Assistance Scheme, confidential support is always available, 24 hours a day. This could range from advice about legal or debt related queries, to support from qualified nurses regarding medical concerns.
- AVIVA Life Assurance- This is a benefit we hope you never have to use, but this way you have peace of mind that there’s always something in the background to help out in the worst of times.
- Specsavers Eye Test Vouchers- Looking at computer screens all day can be tough on your eyes, so we want to help you keep them checked up by professionals to ensure they’re looked after.
- Cycle to Work Scheme- Ferry’s aren’t the only mode of transport we invest in! Living in one of the sunniest places in the UK, we promote our co-workers getting out and about on their bikes as often as they can.
- Flu Vaccination Vouchers- No one wants to be under the weather, and we want to help keep you on your feet during the virus season.
- Computershare Childcare Vouchers- Helping you to save money on your childcare needs.
- Perkz- With discounts on a whole range of products and services, you’ll be saving money on everything from your weekly food shop and DIY to trips away and fantastic experience days.
- Enhanced Company Maternity Pay- We appreciate that you have enough going on in your first year with your new baby, so don’t let your wages be a cause for concern as we have our own company maternity scheme available.
- Discounted Access to Attractions on the Isle of Wight- Now you have free and subsidised travel to the Isle of Wight, you can use this wisely with a range of discounted activities, restaurants and hotels available.
- Company Bonus Scheme/Welcome Back Award- We want to make sure you’re always rewarded for the hard work you put in. If you’re a permanent member of staff then this is recognised through our Company Bonus Scheme, and there is a Welcome Back Award for seasonal and fixed term staff who come back to us each season.
- AEGON Pension scheme/Ensign Retirement Plan- Making sure we provide you with support for your future, as well as your present.
- Free Uniform- We don’t expect you to foot the bill for your uniform, so you will be provided with all you need on your first day.
- 50% Food and Drink discount at Red Funnel Outlets- Keep fed and watered with discounts on a range of our products (excluding alcohol and confectionary).
The Red Funnel Staff Pension Scheme (the ‘Scheme’) is a registered occupation pension scheme for Red Funnel staff prior to 1 March 2003. Such schemes are required to prepare a Statement of Investment Principles (’SIP’), which sets out how the Scheme’s assets are invested, how the investments are structured to fit with the Scheme’s long-term goals, how investment risks are managed, and so on. Such schemes are also required to publish their SIPs online, and a copy of the Scheme’s current SIP is available to read here along with the 'Implementation Statement' here.
- 75% South West Trains discount- Whether you’re traveling to work or taking your family out for the day, this benefit will provide a great discount on travel with South West Trains.
- 50% Vectis Bus Service discount (Isle of Wight) - Red Funnel pass holders receive half price discount with the Isle of Wight bus services, helping you get around the Island as a resident or visitor.
- Free and Subsidised Travel to the Isle of Wight- With unlimited foot passenger travel to and from the Island for you and family members traveling with you, you can visit the Isle of Wight again and again. You also have the opportunity to take your car over for a set amount of free journeys, with a discount offered past this set amount too.
- Airport Car Parking- Up to 30% off Airport car parking for a range of airports, helping you save your money for the trip itself.
- Work Car Parking- Although we’re based in the centre of Southampton, parking is available for all employees during their shifts at no cost.
- Cunard & P&O Cruise Offers- If you fancy taking to the boats yourself for a long trip, we often have discounts and offers set up for a range of different cruises.
- Travel Club Discounts- A range of discounts on hotels, cruises, flights and much more.