Employee Benefits at Red Funnel
After all this time in service, we have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to offering employee benefits. We currently provide a range of extras which we feel cover not only your career benefits but are likely to add value to all parts of your life too.
At Work Benefits
- Training - We want you to be able to do your job with confidence so we provide all technical and statutory training is funded by the company.
- Flexible working - Right from day one you'll qualify for flexible working, helping to fit work around other imporant areas of your life.
- Accommodation - If you live on the Island but need a place to stay before your next shift in Southampton you'll be able to apply for free overnight accommodation.
- Free Work Car Parking - Although we’re based in the centre of Southampton, parking is available for all employees during their shifts at no cost.
- Free Uniform - We don’t expect you to foot the bill for your uniform, so you will be provided with all you need on your first day.
- Recognition Awards -
- Free and Subsidised Travel to the Isle of Wight - With unlimited foot passenger travel to and from the Island for you and family members traveling with you, you can visit the Isle of Wight again and again. You also have the opportunity to take your car over for a set amount of free journeys, with a discount offered past this set amount too.
- 75% South West Trains discount - Whether you’re traveling to work or taking your family out for the day, this benefit will provide a great discount on travel with South West Trains.
- 50% Vectis Bus Service discount (Isle of Wight) - Red Funnel pass holders receive half price discount with the Isle of Wight bus services, helping you get around the Island as a resident or visitor.
Health & Wellbeing
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance - It’s important to us that our colleagues feel healthy and happy at work. With Private Medical Insurance available, including a 24 hour helpline and access to BUPA’s medical advice website, you can have peace of mind when it comes to your wellbeing.
- Validium Employee Assistance Service - With our Employee Assistance Scheme, confidential support is always available, 24 hours a day. This could range from advice about legal or debt related queries, to support from qualified nurses regarding medical concerns.
- Flu Vaccinnation Vouchers - No one wants to be under the weather, and we want to help keep you on your feet during the virus season.
- Cycle to Work Scheme - Ferry’s aren’t the only mode of transport we invest in! Living in one of the sunniest places in the UK, we promote our co-workers getting out and about on their bikes as often as they can.
- Perkz - With discounts on a whole range of products and services, you’ll be saving money on everything from your weekly food shop and DIY to trips away and fantastic experience days.
- Enhanced Company MaternityPaternity Pay- We appreciate that you have enough going on in your first year with your new baby, so don’t let your wages be a cause for concern as we have our own company maternity/paternity scheme available.
- Discounted Access to Attractions on the Isle of Wight- Now you have free and subsidised travel to the Isle of Wight, you can use this wisely with a range of discounted activities, restaurants and hotels available.
- Pension Plan - Scottish Widows Pension scheme/Ensign Retirement Plan- Making sure we provide you with support for your future, as well as your present.
- Company Bonus Scheme - We want to make sure you’re always rewarded for the hard work you put in. All our staff who meet the minimum service criteria are recognised through our Company Bonus Scheme.
- 50% Food and Drink discount at Red Funnel Outlets- Keep fed and watered with discounts on a range of our products (excluding alcohol and confectionary).
- Canada Life Insurance - This is a benefit we hope you never have to use, but this way you have peace of mind that there’s always something in the background to help out in the worst of times.
- Company Sick Pay - The last thing you need to worry about when you're unwell is money, so we offer enhanced company sick pay.