Cycling to the Isle of Wight
Cycling to/from the Isle of Wight
Bicycles are carried free of charge on Red Funnel's vehicle ferry service between Southampton and East Cowes.
Unfortunately due to the design of the vessels, cycles cannot be carried on the Red Jet Hi-Speed service unless they are of the folding type and carried in a purpose designed bag.
There are dedicated cycle stands areas along Town Quay near the entrance to Red Funnel's Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 in Southampton. At Red Funnel's East and West Cowes terminals there are areas suitable for securing cycles - please ask local staff for details.
Please select the number of bikes you want to hire above and the date of hire/travel and click the red [Add] button to place your order in the basket (remember day return Red Jet ferry travel is included). You can then continue shopping or check-out and pay by clicking the button below.
More about our Cycle Hire Packages
- Bookings must be made by at least 3pm if for next day. Unfortunately same day bookings cannot be accepted.
- Cycles are available 7 days a week from 0900-1700 hrs (shop closes at 1800 hrs) although the offer is not available 14-17 April; 26-29 May; 8-11 June and 25-28 August 2017. There are no time restrictions applying to Red Jet sailings used.
- Cycles are provided by Top Gear Rentals Ltd of Terminus Road, Cowes, PO31 7TX 01983 299056 (near the Pier View pub and within a few minutes walk of the Red Jet terminal at West Cowes)
- After booking, your order will be sent to TopGear Rentals and you will receive a Red Funnel confirmation by email. Please print your confirmation and show it to Red Jet ticket office staff (at Terminal 2, Town Quay, Southampton) who will issue day return Red Jet ticket(s). On arrival at Top Gear's premises in West Cowes please show staff the confirmation email and they will issue you with your cycle(s).
- Equipment includes: Front suspension 26" wheel mountain bikes with between 18-24 speeds and V Brakes. (Kid's bikes have a 24" wheel). Each cycling party will be furnished with a rucksack containing enough locks for the group, a pump, puncture repair kit, tyre levers and basic tools for readjusting saddle heights.
- Have a great day!