Southampton CityLink FREE shuttle bus
CityLink Shuttle Bus service - FREE service for Red Funnel customers
The CityLink bus service operates every 30 minutes between Southampton's Central station (South Side*) and Red Funnel's ferry terminals via the West Quay shopping centre. The journey time (Southampton Central <> Town Quay ferry terminals) is approximately 7 minutes. The service is FREE for Red Funnel customers and a £1 fee per direction applies to non-Red Funnel customers from 12 May 2014.
National Express: The closest CityLink bus stop to Southampton's Coach Station is The Marlands/Asda stop on Portland Terrace. The stop is a just short walk (5 mins) from the coach station, follow the path/steps along the side of Asda's building to the right of the store entrance.
CityLink Route Map
CityLink Bus Timetable to 11 May 2014
CityLink Bus Timetable from 12 May 2014
|Travel times from |
|Travel times from |
(Red Jet & Vehicle Ferry)
|Asda/The Marlands |
|2 mins||WestQuay||4 mins |
|WestQuay ||3 mins ||Asda/The Marlands |
|5 mins |
|Town Quay (Red Jet & Vehicle Ferry)||7 mins ||Southampton Central Station||7 mins |
Departures from Town Quay - Red Jet and Vehicle Ferry Services
|Mon to Fri (ex. Bank Hols) ||Saturday|| Sun & Bank Hols|
|07:15* ||07:45 ||08:43 |
|Then every 30 mins until ||Then every 30 mins until ||Then every 30 mins until |
|20:45||20:45 ||20:43 |
Departures from Southampton Central Station
| Mon to Fri (ex. Bank Hols)||Saturday||Sun & Bank Hols |
|07:05||07:05 ||08:34 |
|07:30 ||07:30 ||09:11|
|Then every 30 mins until ||Then every 30 mins until ||Then every 30 mins until|
|20:30 ||20:30 ||20:41 |
- *The 06:45 and 07:15 from Town Quay bus drops off at the North Side of Southampton Central Station only. All other services arrive and depart from the South Side of Southampton Central Station.
- CityLink bus service is free for Red Funnel passengers, a valid Red Funnel ticket, Red Funnel Season Ticket or onward rail ticket (to or from West Cowes/East Cowes) must be shown on boarding the bus.
- There is a charge of £1 (per direction) for non-Red Funnel customers payable to the driver. This charge applies to all ages and there are no concessions.
- All times correct at time of publication (April 2014)
- Red Funnel reserve the right to alter or amend this timetable at any time.
- This service is operated on behalf of Red Funnel by Blue Star Bus a part of Go South Coast.
Quick LinksTimetable to 11 May Timetable from 12 May
CityLink is funded by Red Funnel and operated by Blue Star