Southampton CityLink shuttle bus
CityLink Shuttle Bus service - FREE service for Red Funnel customers
The CityLink bus service operates every 30 minutes (every 15 minutes during evening commuter hours) between Southampton's Central station (South Side*) and Red Funnel's ferry terminals via the WestQuay shopping centre. The journey time (Southampton Central <> Town Quay ferry terminals) is approximately 7 minutes.
The service is FREE for holders of Red Funnel valid tickets, customers with valid National Rail and National Express through-tickets and also Senior Citizen bus pass holders. A £1 charge per trip applies to everybody else from 12 May 2014.
CityLink Route Map
National Express: The closest CityLink bus stop to Southampton's Coach Station is The Marlands/Asda stop on Portland Terrace. The stop is a just short walk (5 mins) from the coach station, follow the path/steps along the side of Asda's building to the right of the store entrance.
CityLink Bus Timetable from 12 May 2014
|Travel times from |
|Travel times from |
(Red Jet & Vehicle Ferry)
|Asda/The Marlands |
|2 mins||WestQuay||4 mins |
|WestQuay ||3 mins ||Asda/The Marlands |
|5 mins |
|Town Quay (Red Jet & Vehicle Ferry)||7 mins ||Southampton Central Station||7 mins |
Departures from Town Quay - Red Jet and Vehicle Ferry Services
|Mon to Fri (ex. Bank Hols)||Saturday & Bank Hols||Sunday|
|07:45||Then every 30 mins until||Then every 30 mins until|
|Then every 30 mins until|
|Then every 15 mins until|
Departures from Southampton Central Station
|Mon to Fri (ex. Bank Hols)||Saturday & Bank Hols||Sunday |
|Then every 30 mins until||Then every 30 mins until||Then every 30 mins until|
|Then every 15 mins until||20:00||20:04 |
- * The 06:45 and 07:15 (Mon-Fri) from Town Quay bus drops off at the North Side of Southampton Central Station only. All other services arrive and depart from the South Side of Southampton Central Station.
- CityLink is FREE for holders of valid Red Funnel tickets, holders of valid through rail tickets to/from East or West Cowes, holders of valid through National Express tickets to/from East or West Cowes and holders of Senior Citizen bus passes.
- There is a charge of £1 (per trip) for non-Red Funnel customers, payable to the driver on boarding. This charge applies to all ages.
- All times correct at time of publication (April 2014). Red Funnel reserve the right to alter or amend this timetable at any time.
- Late night and weekend trains may be altered and ferries can be delayed or cancelled in bad weather. Please check southwesttrains.co.uk & redfunnel.co.uk before travelling.
- Taxis - there are taxi ranks (white coloured cars) on both sides of Southampton Central Station and at Terminal 2, Town Quay. The journey will take approx. 5 minutes.
- South West Trains, Red Funnel Ferries & Blue Star (CityLink operators) can not guarantee connections and can accept no liability if services shown in this timetable fail to connect. Please see Travel Terms & Conditions for each operator.
- This service is operated on behalf of Red Funnel by Blue Star (part of Go South Coast).
From 12 May 2014, CityLink is funded entirely by Red Funnel Ferries and operated by Blue Star