Walking on the Isle of Wight
An all seasons walkers paradise...
The Isle of Wight is an all season walkers paradise with over 500 miles of well maintained footpaths winding through fields and forests. Some 64 miles follow the spectacular coastline, nearly half of which is classed as 'Heritage Coast' and more than fifty percent is designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Island is also home to the UK's largest annual Walking Festival. There are over 300 organised walks to choose from, so whether you're interested in the Island's history, nature or the coastline there's a walk for you.
Isle of Wight Walking Events
The Island hosts a number of annual walking events, taking in some of the best routes and scenery. For more information please click on the links below:
FREE Walking Maps to Download
- Godshill Circular Walk (Appuldurcombe House)
- Brighstone to Niton (Coastal Path Dinosaur Walk)
- Chilton Chine & Brighstone
- Cowes to Yarmouth (Coastal Path)
- Medina River Walk (Circular Walk)
- Nunwell Trail
- Ryde to Cowes (Coastal Path)
- St Lawrence to Sandown (Coastal Path Pub Walk)
- Tennyson Trail
- Yarmouth & Fort Victoria
- The Boat Trail (Cowes)