The Garlic Festival
GARLIC FESTIVAL TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO BUY ONLINE. HOWEVER, YOU CAN STILL BUY THEM AT THE FERRY TERMINALS. OUR VEHICLE TRAVEL DISCOUNT IS STILL AVAILABLE.
Set against a beautiful backdrop of rolling green hills and farmland, the Garlic Festival is located just outside of Newchurch at the heart of the stunning Isle of Wight.
The show is food and entertainment at its very best. A vast array of eats, treats, sights and sounds to suit all tastes and ages. There are huge garlic and food marquees, cooking demonstrations from top Island chefs in the all new theatre kitchen, children’s entertainers, archery and a giant fun-fair.
Enjoy hundreds of Arts and Craft stalls and scrummy produce to tempt your taste buds.
There are businesses and market stalls, talented animals and arena entertainment. Plus, live music on the big stage, a big beer tent and straw bales so you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The main stage always features chart toppers and great Island bands.
At the heart of the festival is Britain’s best most pungent garlic, produced right here on the Isle of Wight, in Newchurch by the multi-award winning Garlic Farm.
As ever, it’s not just garlic bulbs and amazing garlic products. Island food compares with the world’s best; meats, vegetables, cheese, honey, wine, cider and juices. You'll find garlic fudge, ice cream, popcorn, biscuits, scones, sweetcorn, mushrooms, the list goes one. You name it, you’ll find it with garlic here!
The Isle of Wight Garlic Festival is the Island's biggest summer show, and simply the best day out for all the family. The variety of food, music, fun fair and an arena packed full of traditional entertainments, animals and child friendly surprises help make this the Isle of Wight’s most popular family event.
For the first time tickets are available to purchase in advance, exclusively through Red Funnel. You can purchase tickets and book discounted travel below.
The Garlic Festival is coming to the Isle of Wight 20 - 21 August 2016 and you really don't want to miss it.
Book on this page using the green booking engine and save 10% on vehicle ferry travel when you travel between 19th and 22nd August 2016.
Garlic Festival Twitter Competition
These terms and conditions relate to the Red Funnel Isle of Wight Ferries Twitter Prize Draw to win two Garlic Festival tickets plus ferry travel for a car.
1. By entering this prize draw, individuals will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions, and be bound by them.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK & Ireland only, aged 18 and older and excludes employees of Red Funnel and their families, or anyone connected professionally to the Garlic Festival event or with the prize draw.
3. By entering this prize draw, you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering a prize draw. Red Funnel will not be held responsible for any entrant entering the prize draw unlawfully.
4. The prize draw will be open from 10am (GMT) on 20th May 2016 until 9am (GMT) 23rd May 2016 (“Prize Draw Period”).
5. Method of Entry: Users must like and retweet the relevant prize draw tweet to enter.
6. The winner will be chosen at random by Red Funnel and shall be contacted via Twitter within 7 days of the closing date. All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be collated at the end of the Contest Period.
7. The prize is for 2 adults (aged 18 and over. Children under 5 go free to the event) and includes:
- Admission on the Saturday 20th August or Sunday 21st August to the Garlic Festival. There is no cash alternative. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or prize.
- Red Funnel ferry travel for a car up to 6m long and 2.7m high or a minibus/motorhome up to 5.5m long and 2.7m high and up to six passengers (max. legal capacity of vehicles apply) travelling from Southampton to East Cowes on Friday 19th August, Saturday 20th August or Sunday 21st August 2016 and returning from East Cowes to Southampton on Saturday 20th August, Sunday 21st August or Monday 22nd August 2016. Ferry travel must be taken with the Garlic Festival tickets and cannot be used separately. Crossings are subject to availability. Prize is non-transferable. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or prize.
8. If a winner's prize is unclaimed (where a winner does not respond within 5 business days), it will lapse and Red Funnel reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules. Red Funnel will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
9. The winner’s name will be available on written request from Red Funnel at 12 Bugle Street, Southampton, SO14 2JY.
10. Red Funnel accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to reach Red Funnel by the relevant closing time and date for any reason, including without limitation, any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in operation or transmission, any communications line failure or for traffic congestion or any unauthorised human act.
11. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence will result in disqualification.
Automated entries will be disqualified. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, Red Funnel may at its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize award.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-prize draw publicity and to the use of their names, town of residence and entry in such publicity. Without limitation, the winner’s first name, last name, and location may be disclosed by Red funnel through Facebook and their website.
13. The prize must be taken as offered, cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent and is not transferable. No part or parts of the prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
14. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside Red Funnel’s reasonable control, Red Funnel reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value.
15. Red Funnel reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Prize Draw as necessary at Red Funnel’s sole discretion.
16. Prize draw rules and qualifications are subject to change without notice.
17. Red Funnel is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party.
18. Data Protection Notice: This promotion is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook.
19. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
20. This Prize Draw is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. This Prize Draw is run by Red Funnel registered in the UK at 12 Bugle Street, Southampton, SO14 2JY.