Red Jet Hi-Speed Ferry service
Southampton <> West Cowes, Isle of Wight
Red Funnel's sleek Red Jet Hi-Speed ferry service operates throughout the year between the UK Port of Southampton and West Cowes on the Isle of Wight.
There are sailings every 30 minutes at peak times including Saturdays and every 60 minutes at off-peak times. The service is for foot passengers only and the crossing takes under 25 minutes at speeds up to 40 knots!. The Steam Coffee Company has outlets at the terminals and refreshments are available onboard.
The service is ideal for foot passengers making business or leisure trips to Cowes, the spiritual home of yacht racing, or the pretty town of Gurnard, East Cowes or Northwood and of course Newport, the Island's commercial heart.
Map of the Red Jet Hi-Speed route
View Southampton <> West Cowes in a larger map
- Route: Southampton <> West Cowes (Isle of Wight)
- Operates: 364 days a year
- Crossing time: 25 minutes
- Speed: 35-40 knots
- Departures: Every 30 minutes at peak times, 60 minutes at other times
- Carryings: 1.5 million passengers per annum
- Passengers & carry-on luggage only
- Turn up and go - not possible to pre-book
- Ticket types: frequent travellers, off-peak, groups, families, seniors, youths
- USP: Fastest route between the Isle of Wight & London Waterloo (using connecting services)
For £8.60 per person
This Super Off Peak Day Return fare is valid when two foot passengers travel together from 11:15am