Red Jet Hi-Speed Fleet
Red Jet Fleet
Red Funnel has 3 Red Jet Hi-Speed catamarans deployed in the UK on its cross-Solent ferry route between Southampton & West Cowes on the Isle of Wight. They are all powered by high-speed MTU diesel engines with waterjet propulsion. The vessels speed, manouverability, stopping power and low wash characteristics are all key design attributes for the route.Download Fact Sheet Vessel Archive
- Route: Southampton T2 <> West Cowes, Isle of Wight
- Distance: 9.9 nautical miles
- Crossing time: 25 minutes at 33.5 knots
- Departures: every 30 minutes during the day & every 60 minutes in the early morning & evening
- Sailings: 23,700 per annum
- Miles: 234,630 nautical miles per annum
- Crew hours: 45,864 per annum
- Fuel: 4.4 million litres per annum
- Lube oil: 14,600 litres per annum
Red Jet 3
Built for Red Funnel in 1998 by FBM Marine, Cowes, Isle of Wight.
Red Jet 4
Built for Red Funnel in 2003 by North West Bay Ships Pty Ltd, Tasmania.
Red Jet 5
Built by Pequot River Shipworks, USA. Entered Red Funnel service in 2009.
Red Jet 6
Under construction by Shemara Refit, East Cowes, IoW, UK. Due to enter service summer 2016