What a treat to get to see some of the most vulnerable big cats in the world, rescued into their forever home. Will you see the King of the Jungle, Casper, who is often found surveying the scene below from his favourite rock? With many more furry and feathered friends to visit the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary is a fabulous place to visit.
The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary is located in Sandown’s historic Granite Fort just off the glorious Yaverland beach on the east coast of the island. The Sanctuary is home to a wide variety of animals that have been rescued from suffering and harm allowing them to enjoy their forever home in the sanctuary by the sea.
On a visit to the Sanctuary you will see lions, tigers, lynx, lemurs, monkeys, wallabies, reptiles, farmyard animals and many more species from around the world. The latest arrivals are a pair of Servals called Tafkap and Xirus who were rescued from the illegal pet trade in France and can’t wait to meet you.
In late May 2022, the Sanctuary will open a new Primate Rescue Facility, two giant sustainably built eco domes that will be constructed from over 700 bamboo poles and featuring a walk through trail among our lemurs.
Refuel at The Wildheart Café serving delicious home cooked food including stone baked sourdough pizzas, baguettes, salads and regular specials from the Chef’s kitchen as well as a selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks and ice cream. Kids can let off steam in our safari adventure playground or Young Wildhearts play area featuring a mud kitchen.
- open daily from 10:00 - please call the Wildheart Animal Sanctuary directly on 01983 403883 to check opening if inclement weather
generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 60 minutes before closing time
- large privately operated car park adjacent to the sanctuary which charges £3 per day for visitors to the sanctuary
- wheelchair access available throughout as no part of the Sanctuary relies on the use of the steps
- disabled toilet facilities
- for animal welfare reasons assistance dogs are not permitted
- children aged 2 and under are free of charge
- baby changing facilities available
- children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult
- children's play area
- serving hot and cold food, drinks and ice creams
- great range of animal gifts to remember your visit by
The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary offer 'Hands on Wildlife' Animal Experiences which may be purchased directly, to find out more click on the link above, and you can enjoy a
- Big cat experience
- Tiger feed experience
- Lemur experience and many more
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
( @RedFunnel @WildheartTrust)
Wildheart Animal Sanctuary Address: Yaverland Road, Sandown, Isle of Wight PO36 8QB