Calling all veterans, vintage lovers and war history buffs! You must visit the Wight Military and Heritage Museum as it’s full of stuff you’re going to love. At certain times you can also have a go at Air Rifle Shooting, an extra charge applies and please check to see if available during your visit.
There is a huge collection of uniforms, rifles and model tanks from across the globe, with an area dedicated to female conscription during WW2. There is also a varied selection of machine guns and small arms from around the world.
A street scene is set in WWII. Get your rations here! There’s a draper’s, a general stores, a garage and even the home guard office to mention just a few.
There are two main exhibition areas housing a variety of different vehicles covering six decades of military and civilian transport, from the earliest B-N Islander Aircraft G-AVCN (new for 2021) to a WW2 police car.
Please check their own website or phone the museum to check up to date information relating to their vehicle rides, the Air Rifle Shooting Range is open on certain days of the week for an additional charge.
There is so much here and the museum is being updated and improved all the time. Make sure you don’t miss it!
Churchills tea rooms, available for hot and cold drinks, snacks, cakes and cream teas, can also be accessed without entry into the museum.
- open Monday to Saturday all year
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 60 minutes before closing time
- car parking available
- wheelchair access is available, most exhibits are on the ground floor
- children aged 4 and under are free of charge
The Churchill Tea Room
- serving hot and cold food and drinks, light snacks, cakes and cream teas - can be accessed without entry to the museum.
Activities (when available)
- Shooting range - test your skills (usually available Tuesday, Thursday & Saturdays - additional charge applies)
please call the Museum to check
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
( @RedFunnel )
Wight Military & Heritage Museum Address: Northwood Camp, 490 Newport Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 8QU