With a herd of over 70 unique Suri alpacas and wooly Suri Llamas and set in 23-acres of picturesque countryside, West Wight Alpacas is the place to visit and how can you not fall in love with these gorgeous animals? Other animals are dotted around the farm, check out the pigs, pygmy goats, sheep, donkeys and chickens. Don't forget the Llama Tree Bistro for a reviving drink, tasty snack or even a sweet pizza!
Save 15% off car ferry travel with admission tickets when booking together as a package deal.
How to book:
- Step 1: Add your attraction tickets to the basket below (minimum of 1 x family/group or 2 x adult/senior tickets).
- Step 2: Click here to book the ferry (the ferry discount will be shown on the checkout page).
West Wight Alpacas started out as a hobby over 10 years ago for Michelle and Neil Payne and very quickly become a family business and high quality tourist attraction. In addition, it is one of the leading Suri Alpaca and Llama stud farms in the country as well as winning countless awards and championships. Alpaca fleece is much sought after and is known to be some of the most luxurious in the world - maybe you'll find a special memento from the gift shop.
Set within 23 acres of picturesque countryside in the village of Wellow, the farm now hosts over 70 very cute alpacas and llamas and many other animals including pigmy goats, chickens, pigs, donkeys and sheep. Visitors can enjoy a leisurly stroll around the farm to see these adorable animals - you'll soon get to know your cushing from your pronking!
After your stroll you can revive yourself in The Llama Tree Bistro, whether it be a coffee and piece of cake, a light bite, main meal or one of the spectacular pizzas - fresh to order and cooked in the wood fired pizza oven, they even have sweet pizza!
If you fancy walking with the alpacas or llamas, then please see the Trekking Adventures tab for further details, additional charges and booking instructions.
Entry just to The Llama Tree bistro is free.
- open daily except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 1 hour before closing time
- car parking is available
- children aged 3 and under enter free of charge!
- children under 8 will not be able to lead an alpaca or llama if taking a trekking trip
- small childrens play area
Llama Tree Bistro
- Serving Pizza, light snacks, pastries, cakes, ice cream and drinks
- Indoor and outdoor seating areas
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic( @RedFunnel )
- Farm Walks - Alpaca or Llama Walks around the farm - (minimum 2 persons maximum 8)*
- 1) A 20-minute short walk around the farm which includes a meet and greet. It includes a short talk about alpacas as you walk.(Additional £6.50 per Adult to pay)
- 2) A 40-minute walk around the farm, including a meet and greet and the chance to learn more about the alpaca including its history, its use today and a little about how to care for and breed them. (Additional £13.50 per Adult to pay)
- Pizza Walk * (minimum 2 persons maximum 8)*
A 20-minute walk around the farm to include a meet and greet as above and then enjoy a choice of the amazing artisan, sour dough pizzas in the Llama Tree Bristro - walk those calories off first and feel good about yourself. (Additional £15.00 per Adult to pay)
A 40-minute walk around the farm to include a meet and greet as above and then enjoy a choice of the amazing artisan, sour dough pizzas in the Llama Tree Bristro - walk those calories off first and feel good about yourself. (Additional £22.00 per Adult to pay)
IMPORTANT Anyone on any of these activities must have sturdy footwear sensible clothes preferably without flappy coats. Remember to bring a camera.
Alpacas Walks - Bookings are essential to avoid disappointment. While they will do their best to help walk in bookings, they cannot always be accommodated. Please call 01983 760900 to book and pay the upgrade on arrival when presenting a ticket purchased through Red Funnel.
*Age restrictions apply (minimum 8 years) to walk a llama or alpaca although younger children can still join the walk if supervised/assisted by an adult.
West Wight Alpacas & Llamas, Main Road, Wellow, Isle of Wight, PO41 0SZ