Located in the seaside town of Sandown, Sandham Gardens is a great place to relax and enjoy some quality time with family and friends, whilst soaking up the stunning views of Sandown Bay and Culver Down. The kids will love the dinosaur themed golf or racing around in a electric kart and don't forget to finish off with a yummy ice cream from the Ice Cream shack!
Offering a great value day out for all ages, Sandham Gardens is not only situated in beautiful gardens but also opposite one of the finest beaches on the Isle of Wight, Sandown Bay. There is a wide range of exciting activities to enjoy, including Sandham Karts, Dino Islands: A Golf Adventure and the Rainbow playground and skate park. Then after a day of activites why not treat yourself to an ice cream from Sandham Gardens very own Ice Cream Shack.
Dino Islands: A Golf Adventure
Dino Islands: A Golf Adventure takes players on a prehistoric journey into a forgotten land of dinosaurs. The 2000 metre square multi-level course includes life-size dinosaurs, as well as obstacles like volcanoes, bridges and waterfalls. So, if you are looking for a fun family activity with extra bite, challenge yourself to the action-packed adventure golf course.
Suitable for all ages and abilities.
Watch your speedy kids put the pedal to the metal as they zoom around the track! The 6 battery powered, electric karts are suitable for children aged 4 - 12yrs. Each race lasts 6 laps of the 150 metre track.
Minimum height restrictions apply and some children may need to be accompanied by an adult - see Key Info.
EVERY paying customer receives a 'Gold' Karting Medal.
- Open 17 April - 31 October
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times. Opening times will vary depending on the time of year and daily weather conditions. Please check their website and social media platforms before you visit.
Sandham Karts close at 17:00 and Dino Island Golf closes at 17:30
- 1 hour before closing time
- a council car park is located next to Sandham Gardens. For further details please call 01983 821000.
- Dino Islands - Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 18 or above.
- Sandham Karts - minimum height restrictions apply and some children may need to be accompanied by an adult.
- over 106cm can ride unaccompanied
- over 86cm/under 106cm can ride with an adult 18+
- under 86cm not able to ride (even if over 4 years of age)
- baby changing facilities available
- Dogs are permitted in Sandham Gardens, however are not allowed in Dino Islands course
Ice Cream Shack
- serving hot and cold drinks and ice creams.
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
Address: Culver Parade, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8AT