If you love your birds then Haven Falconry Bird of Prey Centre is the place for you, you'll be treated to a large collection of different species of birds of prey, reared and trained by the falconers themselves. There are daily flying displays at 11.40 and 13.40 (subject to weather conditions and special events). Visitors can also enjoy the reptile and insect house as well as the ferret skywalk and other furry friends.
Save 15% off car ferry travel with admission tickets when booking together as a package deal.
How to book:
- Step 1: Add your attraction tickets to the basket below (minimum of 1 x family/group or 2 x adult/senior tickets).
- Step 2: Click here to book the ferry (the ferry discount will be shown on the checkout page).
Haven Falconry was created by Paul and Sally following a lifelong passion for wildlife and in particular birds of prey. Paul always had a natural interest in wildlife and reared and trained his first bird, a Kestrel, at an early age. His knowledge grew along with his skills and wishing to promote and preserve the art of falconry and birds of prey for further generations, conceived the idea of the Haven to promote education through fun.
Haven Falconry have a large, wonderful collection of birds including owls, hawks, falcons, eagles, vultures and caracara each being reared and trained by the dedicated and skilled falconers. With a hands-on approach, you can get up-close-and-personal with the birds including daily flying displays dependent on weather and time of year. There are daily bird of prey talks along with bird and pet handling sessions. In addition there is a pets corner, Insect Hotel, Ferret Skywalk, gift shop and picnic area.
Individual or small groups can have a 'Birds of Prey Experience' lasting about 1 hour, an ideal treat where you'd meet the Falconer and birds and learn about them, then get the chance to fly some to your gloved hand! Take a 'Hawk Walk' lasting about an hour, an unforgetable walk through the lovely wooded areas of Havenstreet, accompanied by 2 or 3 Harris Hawks which you can handle and fly. The 'Owl Encounter' is very popular following the huge success of the Harry Potter books and films, where you can meet 4 or 5 different species of owl and get the chance to handle and fly them. This experience also lasts about an hour and for further details please click the individual links above.
- open daily, except Christmas Day
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 30 minutes before closing time
- please use the car park at Isle of Wight Steam Railway
- children aged 4 and under are free of charge
- If the Isle of Wight Steam Railway is open, please show your ticket to the ticket clerk at their entrance and then walk through the railway to the Haven Falconry Bird of Prey Centre entrance where you will have your ticket taken.
- If the Isle of Wight Steam Railway is not open then please walk through direct to the Haven Falconry Bird of Prey Centre and show your ticket.
- small gift shop to purchase a reminder of your visit
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
( @RedFunnel @HavenFalconry)
Haven Falconry Address: Isle of Wight Steam Railway, Havenstreet, Isle of Wight, PO33 4DS