#MyIsleofWight Monthly Photo Contest
Share your pics for your chance to win a FREE return ferry crossing each month!
Calling all Island residents and Island visitors, we LOVE seeing your photos and it's our mission to build the biggest Instagram photo collection provided by you!
So each month, we will be asking you to post your best pics, with a new theme each month (beaches, landscapes, history, activities, local produce etc)! The winner chosen by My Isle of Wight will win a free return ferry crossing!
Entering is easy - Simply post your photo to Instagram and use the hashtag #MyIsleofWight and tag @myisleofwight to qualify. We will select one lucky winner each month, who will receive a free ferry crossing from Red Funnel Ferries.
#MyIsleofWight Photo Contest T&Cs
Red Funnel’s “#MyIsleofWight” Photo Contest - Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the My Isle of Wight's Instagram competition to win a free ferry crossing (estimated retail value circa £75 dependant on sailing times) courtesy of Red Funnel Ferries.
1. By entering this competition, you are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions, and be bound by them.
2. This competition is open to Isle of Wight and Mainland residents, aged 18 and older and excludes employees of My Isle of Wight and their families, or anyone connected professionally to the competition.
3. By entering this competition, you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering competitions. My Isle of Wight will not be held responsible for any entrant entering the competition unlawfully.
4. Campaign Period: Each monthly competition begins on the first day of the calendar month and ends on the last day of the month. The first month of the competition is April 2018. The monthly competition will continue in perpetuity until My Isle of Wight chooses to stop the contest.
5. Method of Entry: Users must post to their own Instagram account using the hashtag #MyIsleofWight and tagging @myisleofwight. A different theme will be decided each month.
6. The maximum number of photo entries per month per entrant is four (3).
7. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. The winner will be chosen by My Isle of Wight and shall be contacted within 7 business days following the last day of the contest month. All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be collated at the end of the Contest Period. A winner will be selected by My Isle of Wight, and it's decision is final.
9. Winners will be contacted via the social media account they used to enter the contest and will have 3 full business days to respond and claim their prize. Day 1 will count as the first day FOLLOWING the initial date of My Isle of Wight’s first contact attempt. If the winner does not reply within the 3 days the winner's prize will be deemed unclaimed and the prize will be forfeit. My Isle of Wight reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules. My Isle of Wgiht will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize. My Isle of Wight shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
10. My Isle of Wight accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to reach My Isle of Wight by the relevant closing time and date for any reason, including without limitation, any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in operation or transmission, any communications line failure or for traffic congestion or any unauthorised human act.
11. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence will result in disqualification. Automated entries will be disqualified. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, My Isle of Wight may at its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize award.
12. Rights Granted by You: By entering this photo contest, you understand and agree that My Isle of Wight and Red Funnel shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use your photos, your name, and location for promotional purposes in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of My Isle of Wight. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless My Isle of Wight from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which My Isle of Wight may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
13. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-competition publicity and include the use of their names, city/town of residence, and entry photos in such publicity. Without limitation, the winner’s first name, last name, and location may be disclosed by My Isle of Wight through Instagram.
14. The prize must be taken as offered, cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent and is not transferable. No part or parts of the prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
15. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside My Isle of Wight’s reasonable control, My Isle of Wight reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value.
16. My Isle of Wight reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the competition as necessary at My Isle of Wight’s sole discretion.
17. Competition rules and qualifications are subject to change without notice.
15. My Isle of Wight is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party.
18. Data Protection Notice: This promotion is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The users details will not be used or sold to a 3rd party for marketing purposes.
19. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
20. This competition is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. This competition is run by Red Funnel registered in the UK at 12 Bugle Street, Southampton, SO14 2JY.