10-12 August 2018 - Jack Up the 80s is a superb family friendly festival which continues to go from strength to strength. On the Island there's a real passion for reliving the good times of 'Frankie Says' and 'Choose Life' t-shirts, florescent headbands, leg warmers, legendary blockbuster movies and of course fantastic music!
The Island’s ultimate family friendly & feel-good festival is back for a sixth year!
Hold on to your 80s ra-ra skirts for a little while longer and don’t chuck your roller boots away just yet, as the Isle of Wight is once again gearing itself up for the ultimate feel-good festival!
Jack Up The 80s is a two-day retro pop festival in its sixth year and provides a family weekend of musical entertainment from household chart names, food, attractions, kids arts and crafts and stalls.
The 2018 artist line-up includes Grammy Award-winning and international chart-topping music legend Leo Sayer, British pop rock group T’Pau, punk princess Toyah Willcox, soul star Jaki Graham, Spandau Ballet’s Martin Kemp, the one and only Chesney Hawkes and many more. Special guests from the noughties Phats & Small will be helping to mix things up a bit, along with boy band Five.
Jack Up The 80s have done their upmost to keep ticket costs as low as possible to ensure families have a first-class weekend and the earlier you buy the more you save with their “Beat the Clock” admission system. Kids aged 12 and under go FREE!
The event is fast making a name for itself as the most fun festival on the South Coast. It offers an unbeatable atmosphere and is completely safe, inclusive and affordable for all. In excess of £20,000 has been raised in the past 2 years for local charities and good causes.
The festival is held at easy-to-get-to location Smallbrook Stadium in Ryde. Shuttle buses will be provided to transport estivalgoers from Ryde Esplanade.
- Britain’s most reasonably priced greatest hits festival
- Top name chart bands
- Licensed bar - no beer tokens required
- Family friendly atmosphere
- On site taxi depot
- Shuttle bus to/from Ryde Esplanade
- Kids aged 12 or under go free
Day tickets from £38:
- From 1st March – 10th August, tickets are just £38 - price frozen for the 3rd year running!
- Kids aged 12 or under go FREE!*
* No advance tickets required for kids aged 12 or under – FREE wristbands will be issued upon their arrival at the gate. All under 12’s must be accompanied by an adult ticket holder in order to qualify. For the avoidance of doubt, appropriate proof of age is required for children aged 12 or under to confirm eligibility for free entry. If this cannot be provided and the child appears to be older a moderate charge will apply.
- Early bird weekend tickets: 22nd January - 28th February, £45
- Tier one – Standard weekend tickets: 1st March – 30th April, £50
- Tier two – Standard weekend tickets: 1st May – 30th June, £53
- Tier three – Standard weekend tickets: 1st July – 31st July, £55
- Last chance weekend tickets: 1st August – 11th August, £60
- On the gate weekend tickets: From 11th August, £65
Tickets available online at https://jackupthe80s.co.uk/tickets
You can also purchase tickets or over the counter at one of the following shops:
- The County Press Shop, Pyle Street, Newport
- Osbornes Menswear, High Street, Ryde
Ferry travel discounts:
Don't forget to also book your ferry travel on this page to get 20% discount. See below...
2018 Line Up Announced (so far...)
Friday 10th August:
Jack Up The 80s presents Magic of Motown Under the Stars Concert:
- 22nd January - 28th February, tickets are £22.50
- 1st March – 9th August, tickets are £25
- On the gate weekend tickets: 10th August, £30
Please note: This event is staged by an independent promoter – all attendees must have a valid ticket regardless of age. More details here: https://jackupthe80s.co.uk/the-magic-of-motown/
Saturday 11th August:
- Leo Sayer
- Martin Kemp
- Chesney Hawkes
Sunday 12th August:
- Jaki Graham
- Phats & Small
- Orange Street
With more names still to be announced…!
Getting to Jack-Up the 80's is pretty easy from Southampton
On foot - Option 1: catch the Red Jet to West Cowes which takes 23-25 minutes. From here, Southern Vectis operate frequent buses to Newport (service 1). Change at the bus station for Ryde (service 9). Option 2: catch the passenger vehicle ferry to East Cowes and then a bus from outside Waitrose to Ryde (service 4). You can also catch the more frequent bus to Newport (service 5) and change at Binfield Corner for the bus to Ryde (service 9) - please ask the driver where you need to change. On arrival in Ryde, it is probably easier to get a taxi to Smallbrook Stadium (PO33 4BH).
Taxis are also available outside the East & West Cowes terminals. For car hire, we recommend Enterprise - they will pick you-up from either terminal if you tell them your arrival time.
By car - catch the ferry to East Cowes and then head south on the A3021 and then east on the A3054 to Firestone Copse Rd in Wootton Bridge. Turn right into Firestone Copse Rd. Drive along Stroud Wood Rd and Carters Rd. Turn left onto Havenstreet Main Rd. Turn right onto Stroud Wood Rd. At the roundabout, continue straight onto Carters Rd. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Ashey Rd and Smallbrook Stadium (PO33 4BH). The journey will take about 20 minutes.
Save 20% off car fares to Jack Up the 80s when travelling from Southampton with Red Funnel. The offer is valid for return travel between 9 and 14 August 2018.
Applies to a standard size car (up to 2m high x 5.5m long) and up to 7 people. New bookings only. Online bookings must be made using the red express booking form on this page. For telephone bookings a £5 handling fee will apply and the 20% off Jack up the 80s offer must be quoted at the time of making your booking. Offer is subject to availability and offer fare allocations will vary by date and time of day. Offer not available in conjuction with any other offer or discount, including standard Travel Card holder discounts. Standard terms of carriage apply. Red Funnel reserves the right to withdraw this offer without prior notice.