This Summer sees the return of the Wight Proms to Northwood House in Cowes, from Friday 21st August to Sunday 31st August.
What is 'The Wight Proms'?
- The annual open-air festival at Northwood House in Cowes which launched in 2018, celebrating comedy, musical theatre and classical music, and featuring red squirrels and free arts workshops.
- The 3-day festival will take place on 21-23 August in the grounds of Northwood House, the grade II* listed Georgian manor house
- There has never before been a music festival like this on the IOW, catering to lovers of both classical music and musical theatre, as well as comedy.
- We're delighted to be offering an exciting line-up of Free Arts Workshops for all ages. This will give hundreds of people fully-immersive involvement in the arts in ways that they would not otherwise ever experience.
Some testimonials from the Wight Proms audience last year
- "Wight Proms was such a great event. We visited all three nights, which were quite different, and enjoyed each of them enormously. Looking forward to getting a bigger group of people together for next year’s event. Brilliant! Well done!" David Linton
- "Yesterday was a wonderful day out...we all had such a lovely time...Next summer we shall be attending each concert." Julie Bell
- "Just wanted to say how absolutely fabulous the weekend at the Wight Proms was - to have such extraordinary talent up-close and in Cowes was beyond belief. Non-stop seamless musical magic, and really family friendly (my son also loved the giant Connect 4 game at the back!)" Ali Wheeler