Isle of Wight Rainy Day Guide
The Isle of Wight is one of the sunniest places in the UK, with an average of 34.2 hours of sunshine per week. But what do you do when the weather turns and it starts pouring?
Whether you’re on the Isle of Wight for a day trip or holiday getaway, here’s Red Funnel’s guide to making the most of the rainy weather!
Indoor Isle of Wight Activities
If your trip to the beach has been scuppered by the weather, the Island has a number of indoor activities for all ages. Here’s a list we’ve compiled of the best indoor activities:
- Dinosaur Isle in Sandown offers an unforgettable interactive and indoor dinosaur experience.
- Tapnell Farm has indoor play frames, animals and petting barn and straw bale play area.
- The 10,000 square foot Islejump in Sandown has over 40 indoor trampolines.
Weatherproof Isle of Wight Attractions
There’s a wealth of places to visit on the Isle of Wight throughout the year, from places of rich heritage, to arts and crafts so there’s no shortage of weatherproof places to visit – including free admission locations!
- Osborne House - Queen Victoria's treasured palace and 354-acre estate by the sea.
- Brading Roman Villa - offering beautifully preserved mosaic floors and an extensive collection of Roman archaeology.
- Sandown Pier - offering indoor golf, ten pin bowling and Magic Island play area for the kids.
When the sun’s back out and shining, there’s an incredible range of things to do – we’ve compiled an Isle of Wight Travel Guide for all ages and tastes. Looking for a bit of inspiration? We’ve also put together a list of ideas and options to help you find your perfect stay!
30 August 2019