Isle of Wight Festival Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions applying to Isle of Wight Festival tickets, travel packages and festival admission.
Isle of Wight Festival T&Cs
By purchasing official Isle of Wight Festival tickets from the Promoter or its Agent (Red Funnel), you are entering into a contractual arrangement with the Promoter of the Festival (Isle of Wight Festival Limited, 2nd Floor, Regent Arcade House, 19-25 Argyll Street, London, England, W1F 7TS).
a. By purchasing tickets from an Agent, you agree to your name, first line of address, postcode and order details to be shared with the Promoter.
b. In the event of the cancellation by the Promoter, the Promoter will only refund the face value of the ticket and cannot be held responsible for any travel or other costs incurred. Red Funnel will use its best endeavour's to contact purchasers either by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) and advise them to return their tickets. It remains the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and Red Funnel cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
c. In the event the venue or festival dates are changed or the headline acts do not appear or if the line-up is substantially changed from the advertised line up then any refund will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter and not the Agent.
PLEASE NOTE: Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets or wristbands will not be replaced or duplicated.
Red Funnel Standard Terms & Conditions of Carriage apply to ferry travel bookings.
2. Ticket Conditions
The Ticket is issued for the Festival by the Promoter subject to the following Conditions.
- The use of this Ticket shall constitute acceptance by the Bearer of the Conditions of Issue and imply an undertaking on the part of the Bearer to observe them and any other notice or regulation issued by the Promoter and displayed at the Venue.
- All Tickets remain the property of the Promoter and are not transferable save to those people for whom the Tickets were purchased as part of a group booking. Those people will be subject to the Conditions of Issue which will apply as if he/she were the original recipient of the Ticket.
- The Ticket will be exchanged for a wristband at the entrance gates and affixed by Festival staff. The Bearer must retain the counterpart Ticket on his or her person at all times. Where a wristband is issued to the Bearer without a Ticket, the Bearer must affix his or her wristband prior to entering the Venue. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the Bearer or to eject the Bearer, where the wristband has been incorrectly affixed and, in either case, where the wristband has been damaged or tampered with.
- This Ticket may not be offered as a prize in a promotion or competition or transferred, lent or sold to any third party for profit or personal gain, as part of a hospitality or travel package or used for any other commercial purpose without the written consent of the Promoter. Tickets purchased from unauthorised sources, including from Internet touts or via Internet auction sites will be void and will not permit entry to the Venue.
- The Promoter reserves the right to search all people and personal property upon entry to and while at the Venue. Glass items, candles, gas canisters, flares, knives, illegal substances, drugs, ‘legal highs’, laser equipment/pens, megaphones, nitrous oxide, animals, fireworks, smoke canisters, poles, banners or flags, drones and any items which in the absolute discretion of the Promoter are considered to be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running of the Festival are prohibited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow folding and/or camping style chairs and/or inflatable seating into the Festival Site and/or beyond a designated point in the Festival Site and/or to require people to cease using any or all such chairs/seating in the Festival Site in the interests of health and safety or if required to do so by any legislation or statutory requirement. For the avoidance of doubt, folding and/or camping style chairs are permitted in the campsite.
- NO Glass is permitted anywhere in the Venue
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse the use of single use plastic anywhere in the Venue.
- Alcohol, food, cans & bottles are permitted in the Campsite only.
- NO water, soft drinks, alcohol or food to be brought into the Festival Site. EMPTY, reusable, drinking bottles and/or cups (up to 600ml) are permitted.
- Cooking in the Campsite will be permitted on camping gas stoves (gas canisters up to 300g only) and disposable BBQs ONLY in designated areas. These must be used sensibly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Cooking on gas where installed in a campervan parked within the official campervan area is also permitted. Cooking by all other means including open fires, BBQs (other than disposable) and any other kind of gas appliance is strictly prohibited and all such items will be confiscated. Cooking in tents is banned.
- But for the exceptions set out in this clause, any equipment capable of recording (whether temporarily or permanently) or transmitting any audio visual or audio-visual, material is prohibited. Mobile telephones are permitted within the Venue but the use of mobile telephones for such activities is prohibited save for personal non-commercial use. Photographic equipment is permitted provided that it is for personal non-commercial use only. In the event of any subsequent commercial use, the Bearer agrees to pay the Promoter the cost of a licence issued by the Promoter for permission to take photographs or visual/audio visual/audio recordings for commercial use.
- Items prohibited by the Conditions of Issue shall not be brought to the Venue. Any permitted items used contrary to the Conditions of Issue and any prohibited items shall be confiscated without any liability on the Promoter to safeguard or return such items.
- The Bearer shall not offer or distribute (either free or for sale) within the Venue any consumer article or commercial product of any nature or purchase any such item from any vendor not authorised by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to the Venue or eject any person from the Venue if, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, the Bearer may be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running of the Festival, for example if the Bearer refuses to be searched upon entering the Venue or whilst at the Venue, appears to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or is acting aggressively or in possession of any item prohibited by the Conditions of Issue or undertaking any act prohibited by the Conditions of Issue or fails to comply with any lawful instruction issued by or on behalf of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or change the Festival programme, without prior notification. Refunds will not be issued should the programme be altered or if a particular artist does not appear, including headline acts.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the entire Festival is cancelled, in which case you will be offered Tickets at any rescheduled event (subject to availability) up to the face value of the Ticket or, if you are unable to attend the rescheduled Festival or the Festival is not rescheduled, a full refund.
- If the Festival is cancelled, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses wasted or incurred by the Bearer including, but not limited to, accommodation or transport costs, or any direct or indirect losses or damage of whatever kind.
- The Bearer gives their irrevocable and free of charge express consent to the use of their actual or simulated image, voice or likeness in connection with the advertising, promotion or commercial exploitation of the Festival or any past or future festival by the Promoter or any licensee of the Promoter in any media for any period throughout the world.
- This Ticket will not permit access to any platform, disabled enclosure or disabled parking. You must book disabled/special needs Tickets in advance via the Ticketmaster Special Access website (subject to availability).
- An Infant aged 5 and under as at 17 June 2021, will have access to the Festival free of charge. The Promoter reserves the right to cap the number of Infant Tickets it issues. Proof of age may be required on entry for Infant tickets. Please ensure that you have ID with proof of age with you for your Infant in case you are asked. Failure to provide such ID may result in your Infant being refused entry to or asked to leave the Venue.
- Tickets for Children aged between 6 and 12 as at 17 June 2021, can be purchased with adult tickets. The Promoter reserves the right to cap the number of Child Tickets it issues. Proof of age may be required on entry for Child tickets. Please ensure that you have ID with proof of age with you for your child/children in case you are asked. Failure to provide such ID may result in your Child being refused entry to or asked to leave the Venue.
- Teenagers aged between 13 and 17 as at 17 June 2021 are entitled to purchase a teen Ticket but must be accompanied by at least 1 responsible Adult per 5 Teenagers. Unaccompanied Teenagers will be refused entry to the Festival.
- Adults are reminded that there are areas of the Venue, especially immediately in front of the stage and some bands or acts that may be inappropriate and may contain adult content. Any Adult is responsible entirely for the safety and welfare of any Infant and/or Child and/or Teenager in its party. Please ensure that all Infants and/or Children and/or Teenagers carry ID with proof of age (or that the responsible Adult carries ID on their behalf). Failure to provide such ID may result in entry being refused or the Infant and/or Child and/or Teenager being asked to leave the Venue.
- In the event of an Infant and/or Child and/or a Teenager being refused entry to the Venue or being removed from the Venue, the accompanying Adult will take sole responsibility for the care and control of the Infant and/or Child and/or Teenager and the Promoter will bear no responsibility in this regard.
- Students who have been issued with a valid NUS, ISIC or other authorised Student card as at 17 June 2021 and who have purchased a Student Ticket must produce the NUS, ISIC or other authorised Student card at the entrance gates in order to gain access to the Venue. Failure to produce a valid NUS or ISIC card will result in you not being entitled to the Student discount and you will be required to purchase a full price ticket less the amount already paid in order to gain access to the Venue.
- Islander Tickets can only be purchased by residents of the Isle of Wight using a debit or credit card registered to the customer’s Isle of Wight postcode and shipped to the same address. Any Islander Tickets purchased which do not comply with the above will be cancelled.
- There is a designated area on the campsite for Families which is subject to availability. There is a Kids’ Zone which provides entertainment for Infants and Children during the Festival. Children must be accompanied by an Adult at all times.
- Any breach of the Conditions of Issue will render this Ticket automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Ticket shall be withdrawn without any refund. For the avoidance of doubt, this will include refusal of entry to the Venue or ejection from the Venue, as applicable.
- Admission to the Venue is at the Bearer’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property in or around the Venue during, before or after the Festival.
- These Conditions of Issue are governed by English law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Court.
3. Payment Plan Conditions
25. Special Terms and Conditions relate to customers who choose to pay for their ticket/s using Red Funnel's Payment Plan which is available until 30 January 2021. When purchasing tickets using the staged payment plan you (the customer) understand and accept the following:
- a) All payments are completely non-transferable and non-refundable, except the ferry element of a booking which is subject to the standard Red Funnel cancellation and refund polices;
- b) Purchasing tickets via this method legally commits the customer to completing the process of purchasing their tickets via the staged payment plan and allows Red Funnel to demand the additional payment set out below without further consultation with the customer.
- c) The customer hereby agrees to ensure the amounts due at each stage of the payment plan are completed in full by the due dates below.
- d) Staged payment options are as follows;
Festival Admission Tickets (excl. vehicle ferry bookings)
- 20% of the order value to be payable at the time of purchase
- 20% of the order value to be paid on the 31 January 2021
- 20% of the order value to be paid on the 28 February 2021
- 20% of the order value to be paid on the 31 March 2021
- 20% of the order value to be paid on the 30 April 2021
This payment plan is available for ticket purchases up to 30 January 2021.
Vehicle Ferry Bookings
- 25% of the ferry element of the booking to be payable at the time of purchase
- The remaining balance to be paid 30 days before travel to the festival in June.
On accepting these terms and conditions, the customer has entered into a binding agreement to purchase a ticket and to pay the full amount acording to the above payment schedule. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the payments are made to Red Funnel by the due dates shown above. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that a payment is not made by the due date, Red Funnel is entitled to cancel the order and retain any monies previously paid.
28. Definitions: In these Conditions of Issue, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
“Bearer” means the holder of this Ticket;
“Conditions of Issue” means these terms and conditions governing the issue and use of a Ticket and the terms upon which the Bearer is permitted to enter and remain within the Venue;
“Festival” means the Isle of Wight Festival;
“Festival Site” means the Main Arena and Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane and Electric Ladyland;
“Infant” means an infant of 5 and under as at 17 June 2021;
“Child” means a child of 12 and under as at 17 June 2021;
“Teenager” means any person aged between 13 and 17 as at 17 June 2021;
“Student” means any person issued with a valid NUS, ISIC or other authorised Student card as at 17 June 2021;
“Adult” means any person aged 18 or over as at 17 June 2021;
“Promoter” means Isle of Wight Festival Limited, 2nd Floor, Regent Arcade House, 19-25 Argyll Street, London, England, W1F 7TS and, where the context requires, those acting on its behalf such as stewards and security guards;
“Ticket” means any Ticket (paper or digital) or Wristband (as applicable) issued for the Festival (whether or not for value) by the Promoter to include but not limited to Weekend, Day, Resident, Infant, Child, Teen, Student, VIP and Backstage Guest. All Tickets entitle the Bearer to unlimited entry and re-entry to the Venue. Where the Bearer holds a Day Ticket, entry and re- entry is for the day specified ONLY. For all other Ticket types, entry and re-entry is for the duration of the entire Festival. All Tickets entitle the Bearer to camp, save for Resident and Day Tickets, which do NOT entitle the Bearer to camp.
“Venue” means the Festival Site and the Campsite.