This re-invented Scout Hall is a one-off hidden gem nestled in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Chale. With a mix of retro interior and stunning views reaching for miles, you won’t be disappointed with this unique holiday experience. Perfect for walkers, sight seekers and those with a taste for eclectic genius and restorations.
This unique place to stay was created in the 2012 conversion of the old Chale Scout Hall. Situated in an enviable location on the south coast of the Isle of Wight, Church Place, on the outskirts of the village of Chale is nestled in an area of outstanding natural beauty. From the deck there are far reaching spectacular coastal views over towards The Needles and the area is marvelous for walking, even if it's just to the nearby pub!
The Scout Hall stands in it’s own private grounds with a lawned area, outside seating and a BBQ. Externally the building has been restored using traditional materials and colours. Internally they have created an 'upside-down' living space to make the most of the spectacular views. Downstairs are four generous bedrooms, 2 x king bedrooms, 1 king or twin and 1 bunk room and all uniquely decorated using many vintage artefacts with the 'Elvis' bedroom having a small outside terrace. There are two bathrooms available. Upstairs is the open plan living space with doors opening onto the deck (watch out for those views!). A quirky ships-galley style kitchen and all usual facilities. Comfortable lounge area and dining space. Homemade cake and fresh flowers will always welcome you. Electric and gas are included. Bed linen and towels are included. Children of all ages are welcome. One dog accepted with prior notice - small charge applies and subject to T&C's. Private off-road parking.
Open: 1 January - 1 September | Minimum number of nights: 2 nights, except between 15 July and 1 September when it's 7 nights only starting on a Friday.
- Check-in - 15:00
- Check-out - 10:30
- Bed linen
- Iron facilities
- Private off-road parking
- One well behaved dog allowed for an additional cost of £30 - payable directly to the owners. Please see tab on Pet T&C's.
A note from 'The Scout Hall'....
Here are our pet T&C's
- One dog only permitted …. please do not bring a puppy or dog undergoing house training!
- Fees – £30 Refundable* damages deposit £100 *providing all is well
- Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms and on furniture
- Please supply own dog bed and feeding bowls etc – we will supply a basket of dog towels to use after those country walkies!
- You must ensure that your dog is parasite free
- You must clean up outside after your dog without delay
- Dog must NOT be left alone inside the property
- It should be noted that the garden is not 100% enclosed and dogs should be kept on a lead at all times, please don’t forget there may be animals and wildlife in adjacent fields. We can’t accept any responsibility should your dog escape.
So ….. not into dogs?
We understand this and will be undertaking the following ;
Dogs will not be allowed in bedrooms and we will change all cushions and sofa throws and cushions after every doggie guest….. just in case. We charge a fee so that our cleaners can be extra vigilant … and of course check the grounds for the obvious!
We are currently unable to offer online payment plans, but if your journey is more than 60 days ahead with the value of your Red Funnel Holiday (Ferry + Accommodation) exceeding £200 and you wish to explore this option, please call us on 02380 019192 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: The Scout Hall, Church Place, Chale, Isle of Wight, PO38 2HB
- Stunning scenery and coastal walks
- Blackgang Chine
- Isle of Wight Pearl
- Bar and restaurant
Missing guest information