Please note: From 2 December, a local restriction tier system is in place. Please refer to the guidance for your area before planning travel to / from the Isle of Wight, and ensure you comply with the respective rules.
Step into vintage heaven at The Mission, surrounded by retro memorabilia and furniture all beautifully placed into this amazing 'tin tabernacle' full of character and history. A truly unique and inspiring place to stay on the Isle of Wight.
This amazing 'tin tabernacle' was built in 1895 and has been converted to a truly unique place to stay. The Mission is situated in an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' just outside the village of Chale on the south coast of the Isle of Wight. Just a few steps away from stunning coastal views and the pub!
Externally the building has been restored and remains the same as it always has, however internally there are two stunning mezzanine bedrooms floating in the roofspace. Below is a large living space with masses of seating and a ginormous wood burning stove. There is a breath-taking bathroom with a sunken bath nestled into what was the baptismal font. At the back of the main hall is the kitchen and dining area that contains a beautiful 'English rose' 1950's kitchen that looks as if it has always lived there. Leading from the kitchen is the 'Sunday school' annexe.
Outside there is a decked courtyard area with outdoor seating, a grassed area to the side and a raised 'wilderness garden' at the rear with a BBQ area, tree seat and indian Summer inspired little sit-outerie.
Homemade cake and fresh flowers will always welcome you.
The Mission can sleep up to 8 people across 4 bedrooms, comprising of 2 doubles on the mezzanine, 1 double/twin and a bunk room. The entire building is central heated and there is also a log burner with 1 basket of logs provided. The kitchen includes modern amenities such as a cooker, dishwasher, fridge-freezer and washing machine. All linen and towels included, TV with Freeview, and a DVD player, WIFI and phone all included. Electric and gas all included. Private off road parking for 2 cars, a decked courtyard to the rear of the building with seating and a BBQ area. Open all year. One dog accepted. Children accepted.
Open: All Year | Minimum number of nights: 2 nights (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu) 3 nights (Fri - Mon) except between 16 July and 26 August, 15 - 28 October and 24 - 30 December when it's 7 nights only starting on a Friday.
- Check-in - 15:00
- Check-out - 10:30
- Bed linen
- Garden furniture
- Washing machine
- DVD player
- One well behaved dog allowed for an additional cost of £30 - payable directly to the owners. Please see tab on Pet T&C's.
Address: The Mission, Blythe Shute, Chale, Isle of Wight, PO38 6HJ
- Stunning scenery and walks
- Blackgang Chine
- Isle of Wight Pearl
- Bar and restaurant
A note from 'The Mission'....
Here are our pet T&C's
- One dog only permitted …. please do not bring a puppy or dog undergoing house training!
- Fees – £30 Refundable* damages deposit £100 *providing all is well
- Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms and on furniture
- Please supply own dog bed and feeding bowls etc – we will supply a basket of dog towels to use after those country walkies!
- You must ensure that your dog is parasite free
- You must clean up outside after your dog without delay
- Dog must NOT be left alone inside the property
- It should be noted that the garden is not 100% enclosed and dogs should be kept on a lead at all times, please don’t forget there may be animals and wildlife in adjacent fields. We can’t accept any responsibility should your dog escape.
So ….. not into dogs?
We understand this and will be undertaking the following ;
Dogs will not be allowed in bedrooms and we will change all cushions and sofa throws and cushions after every doggie guest….. just in case. We charge a fee so that our cleaners can be extra vigilant … and of course check the grounds for the obvious!
Missing guest information