Royal by name and royal by nature, this exceptional hotel encapsulates elegance and style just minutes away from the popular area of Ventnor. A premier AA four-star hotel on the Isle of Wight, this irresistible hotel is proudly positioned amongst its south-facing gardens, complete with outstanding cuisine and service.
Originally a Victorian coaching house, the Royal Hotel has all the elegance of that era. This family run hotel has wonderful views from South facing gardens and is just minutes away from Ventnor seafront and town centre. With its friendly attentive staff and outstanding cuisine, The Royal is the perfect choice for an Island break being a Premier AA 4 star hotel on the Isle of Wight.
The Royal offers classic, garden view, deluxe and premier rooms, all of which are en suite and non smoking. Tea/coffee making facilities. Flat screen television. WiFi throughout the hotel. Award winning hotel for food and service (2 AA Red Rosettes). Outdoor heated swimming pool (May to September), private car park, lift. Pets accepted - charge applies.
Open: January - December | Minimum number of nights: 1, except over a Friday or Saturday night between 1 May and 30 September when it is 2 nights.
- Car parking
- Restaurant - 2 AA Red Rosettes
- Hospitality tray
- Outdoor heated swimming pool (open May to September)
Dinner Reservations are essential for half board bookings. Please call the hotel prior to arrival - 01983 852186
- Check-in - 15:00
- Check-out - 11:00
- Breakfast - 07:45 to 09:45
- Evening meal - 18:45 to 21:00
- Room Service is available at an additional charge
- Dogs are welcome if booked in advance and charged £25 per night payable direct to the hotel - please declare breed and names of any dogs in your party in the 'Special Requests' box below
- If you have children as part of your party, charges will apply and prices are on application.
Nestled in the Victorian seaside town of Ventnor, on the southern tip of the Island, is a glorious jewel in the metaphorical crown. Built in 1832, it is one of the oldest hotels and has been a popular magnet for the cosmopolitan. The Royal also claims a very rare honour of being handpicked by the Michelin Guide every year since it was first published over 100 years ago. Even Tatler Magazine heralds the hotel as elegant and truly stylish.....Read more
The Royal Hotel Address: The Royal Hotel, Belgrave Road, Ventnor, Isle of Wight PO38 1JJ
- Ventnor Botanic Garden
- Steephill Cove
- Ventnor Esplanade
- Many bars and restaurants
- Appuldurcombe House
- Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary
Missing guest information