Elm and Oak cottages
The beautifully built, spacious and airy cottages of Borthwood are the perfect base for your holiday on the Isle of Wight. Each cottage has two parking spaces, so if you’ve brought your car over on the ferry, you’ll not struggle to park. Barbecue facilities and outdoor seating also come as standard.
Borthwood Cottages, originally a milking parlour have been rebuilt to form three individual cottages Elm, Oak and Rose. Nearby is Laurel a lovely, large stand alone cottage. All of the cottages are situated in a tranquil rural location of outstanding natural beauty with views over the surrounding countryside to Culver Cliff and within walking distance to Borthwood Copse a National Trust Wood. The cottages are an ideal base for exploring the Island being just 2 or 3 miles from the sandy beaches of Sandown and Shanklin and 7 or 8 miles to the bustling towns of Ryde and Newport. 4 Star. Mobility M2 award.
All four cottages are of similar design. The 4 berth (plus cot) Elm Cottage has a fully fitted kitchen, lounge/dining room, spacious shower room and a double bedroom on the ground floor. The first floor has a bedroom with two single beds and a cloakroom with toilet and sink. The 6 berth Oak Cottage has the same ground floor layout with the addition of a cloakroom. There is a balcony off one of the two upstairs bedrooms (one double and one twin). The 6 berth Rose Cottage has the same ground floor layout, two bedrooms upstairs and a cloakroom. The 6 berth Laurel Cottage has a fully fitted kitchen/lounge/dining area, double bedroom and shower room on the ground floor. The first floor has a double bedroom and a twin bedded bedroom and a bathroom with bath. Each cottage has WiFi, two parking spaces and a patio area with seating and barbeque. Bed linen is included. Short breaks available at certain times of the year. Children of all ages welcome. Pets accepted by prior arrangement with Borthwood Cottages only (except Laurel Cottages).
Open: all year | Minimum number of nights: Elm, Oak and Rose Cottages 7 night stays start on Saturdays. Laurel Cottage 7 night stays start on Fridays. Short breaks are available for a minimum of 3 nights between 4 January - 10 May and 28 September to 3 January - starting any day.
- Check-in - 15:30
- Check-out - 10:00
- WiFi available
- Car parking
- Central heating
- BBQ for guests use
- Patio area with seating
- Bed linen
- Electricity (Tumble dryer is coin operated)
What's not included
- Beach towels
- Electric Vehicles – The Owners permission is required before charging a vehicle and there is a charge of £25.00 per vehicle per week/part week
- Pets welcome by prior arrangement with Borthwood cottages only, in Rose, Elm and Oak Cottages only, limited to one preferably or two small dogs at the most, charged at £10 per week/part week per dog payable direct to Borthwood Cottages on arrival - Dogs MUST NOT be left unattended in the cottages. Please declare breed and names of any dogs in your party in the 'Special Requests' box below.
Key security deposit
- A £50 holding deposit is required on arrival
Description of disabled facilities
- M2 Award - suitable for wheelchair users with assistance
Borthwood Cottages Address: Sandlin, Borthwood Lane, Borthwood, Sandown, Isle of Wight PO36 0HH
- Shanklin and Sandown Golf Club
- Shanklin Old Village
- Garlic Farm
- Isle of Wight Zoo
- Dinosaur Isle
- Brading Roman Villa
- Sandown Esplanade and Beach
Missing guest information