If you're looking for character and history then Keats Cottage is the place for you. Situated a stone's throw from the 'Olde Village' this family owned boutique B'n'B offers a friendly welcome with an inspiring ambience, John Keats wrote some of his poetry whilst staying in the house! A ideal central location and delicious breakfasts await!
Keats Cottage is a boutique bed & breakfast offering a home from home feel. Located at the top of the Old Village in Shanklin, overlooking the theatre and just a short walk to the beach and amusements of Shanklin Seafront. The house was named after John Keats, an English romantic poet who stayed at the property in the Summer of 1819 and wrote some of his poems during his stay.
Steeped in history and with parts of the building over 400 years old, Keats Cottage has been lovingly refurbished. All 6 bedrooms are en-suite and are equipped with modern amenities including crisp linen, fluffy towels, homemade biscuits and Nespresso coffee machines. WiFi is included. You will also enjoy a traditional English breakfast consisting of organic ingredients sourced from nearby farms as well as home-made jams, along side other delicious breakfast items. Pay and display car parking is available a short walk away. Children of all ages welcome, cots are available free of charge. Roll away beds are available for older children on request for an additional charge payable direct to the establishment on arrival. Pets accepted - charge applies. Non smoking throughout.
Open: All year | Minimum number of nights: 1 night during low season, 2 nights on Saturdays and during the Summer holidays and Christmas.
- TV & DVD player
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Hospitality tray
- Check-in - 14:00 to 18:00 (other times by prior arrangement)
- Check-out - 11:00
- Dogs accepted by prior arrangement - charges apply, payable direct to Keats Cottage upon arrival
- Children of all ages welcome, cots are available free of charge. Roll away beds are available for older children, available on request for an additional charge payable direct to Keats Cottage upon arrival
- Parking is available at a nearby pay and display carpark
Address: Keats Cottage, 76 high Street, Shanklin, Isle of Wight, PO37 6NJ
- Shanklin Chine
- Shanklin Esplanade and beach
- Shanklin Old Village
- Godshill Model Village
- Sandown Bay
- Shanklin and Sandown Golf Club
- Many bars and restaurants
Missing guest information