January works at Terminal 1, Southampton
Important vehicle ferry travel update
To undertake essential works to our maintenance facilities, as we continue to invest in upgrades to our infrastructure, our ferries will need to operate out of a temporary berth, Berth 25, for the following dates in January:
- Sunday 9 January to Thursday 13 January
- Sunday 16 January to Thursday 20 January
- Sunday 23 January to Thursday 27 January
Please read on for important information about impact to your journey depending on if you are travelling on foot, or by vehicle.
Note that toilet facilities will be available at Berth 25 and Terminal 1 as normal. Food & drinks will continue to be available on board and in Terminal 1 as normal during these dates but no refreshment availability at Berth 25.
Important information for those travelling IN VEHICLES over these dates:
On the impacted dates, we ask that all those traveling in a vehicle and departing Southampton to proceed DIRECT to Berth 25 via Dock Gate 4 as indicated on the Departures Map below. Using a sat nav?
Enter postcode SO14 3ZH (for National Oceanography Centre), then follow signs to Berth 25. Please continue to arrive 30-60 min before your crossing as normal. We also draw your attention to the following:
• Boarding / Disembarking
: All vehicles will be loaded / unloaded via our bottom (E) Deck only.
• Mobility Assistance
: Please ensure to speak with a member of our team prior to boarding if you have difficulty with stairs or need to use the lift.
If arriving into Southampton via East Cowes, please note that you will exit via Dock Gate 5, per the Arrivals Map below. Outdoor signage will also be displayed to mark the route.
Important information for those travelling ON FOOT over these dates:
As a foot passenger, we recommend you use the Red Jet as an alternative if you’re travelling with us on these dates. All foot passenger tickets and Season tickets for these dates will be eligible for a free upgrade to travel on this service, and the Red Jet is now also able to accommodate passengers with bicycles (11 spaces available - first come, first served). There is also a free water taxi service operating between our East and West Cowes terminals between 0600-0900 and 1500-2000.
If the Red Jet service is not suitable for your travel requirements, we can still accommodate limited numbers of foot passengers on the vehicle ferry. We will be operating a foot passenger transport service between our main Southampton Terminal and Berth 25 for arrivals and departures. Please aim to arrive no later than 30 minutes before your scheduled sailing time to allow for transfer and boarding. Foot passenger transport services will depart from outside our terminal building near the bus and taxi area.
If you are still travelling on the Vehicle Ferry please note:
- Boarding procedure: Foot passengers will need to board the ferry via our bottom (E) deck, and take the stairs or the lift to the passenger accommodation.
- Mobility assistance: If you require mobility assistance, please speak with a member of our team prior to taking our shuttle to Berth 25.
- Arriving into Southampton from East Cowes: Foot passengers arriving from East Cowes to Southampton will also disembark at Berth 25 on the dates above, and should take our freeshuttle to Terminal 1 in order to safely and efficiently exit the area. Those arranging to be picked up should make arrangements to meet their party at Terminal 1.
- Toilet facilities: Will be available at Berth 25 and Terminal 1 as normal.
- Food & Drinks: Will continue to be available on board as normal, but limited to vending machine service only at Terminal 1 during these dates, with no availability at Berth 25.
While we do not anticipate any disruption to our service and timetable and are committed to ensuring your journey is as smooth as possible, we do thank you for your cooperation and understanding should any unexpected delays arise during this time. The works we are undergoing at Terminal 1 during this time are part of a larger £2M investment in upgrades to our ferry maintenance facilities, enabling us to better serve you for years to come. We appreciate your support in adapting your journey during the impacted dates. Questions?
Contact us at: email@example.com