Discounts for car-size vans & larger vehicles
03-03-2014 Discounts of 13-43% for car size-vans & larger vehicles
Red Funnel Ferries, the Isle of Wight specialist is to trial reduced ferry rates for small car-sized vans, minibuses, horseboxes and motor-homes in a bid to encourage use of such vehicles to and from the Isle of Wight.
The trial, which runs until 20th May sees mid-week rates reduced by 13-43% depending on the type of vehicle. Bookings for travel up to 20th May can be made online or by phone with no requirement for a booking code.
It is hoped that the promotion will encourage leisure traffic to and from the Isle of Wight and it’s been welcomed by small private van owners and holiday businesses who target the camping and caravan market.
Jonathan Green, Sales & Marketing Director commented “We always listen carefully to customer feedback and as part of our ‘You said, we did’ programme we are pleased to run this trial. If successful, the rates will be incorporated into the fare structure on a permanent basis”.
- Ends -
Notes to editors
- Reductions apply to Motor-homes (up to 14m), Minibuses (up to 9m), Horseboxes (up to 15m) and small car-sized private vans (excludes commercial vans)
- Applies on a per leg basis to mid-week sailings (Mon–Thu) between the following times from Southampton 17:30 – 23:50 and from East Cowes 17:30 – 07:15
- Bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance of travel which must be completed by 20th May 2014.
- Fares are based on a standard off-peak car up 5.5m in length and 2.7m in height. A supplement of £5 per metre per leg is charged for vehicles over 2.7m long and/or 2.7m high which gives a discount of between 13%-43%.
- Available to both mainland and island residents
- Discount excludes towed vehicles