The Isle of Wight is the perfect destination for cycling with endless cycle routes throughout the Island, both on and off road. Red Funnel have joint forces with Top Gear Rentals Ltd, a fantastic bike hire company on the Island, to offer you an easy way to pre-book cycle hire for your visit to the Island.
Top Gear Hire Ltd are a family run business in Cowes who offer excellent customer service and great prices.
Top Gear Hire Ltd can supply Front Suspension Mountain Bikes designed to do on or off road work and can supply specialist items such as Tag alongs, Trailers tents and Tandems, as well as cycling essentials such as helmets, locks, pumps and tool kits.
- Bookings must be made by at least 3pm if for next day. Unfortunately same day bookings cannot be accepted.
- Cycles are available 7 days a week from 0900-1700 hrs (shop closes at 1800 hrs) although the offer is not available 25-28 May; 21-24 June and 24-27 August 2018. There are no time restrictions applying to Red Jet sailings used.
- Cycles are provided by Top Gear Rentals Ltd of Terminus Road, Cowes, PO31 7TX 01983 299056 (near the Pier View pub and within a few minutes walk of the Red Jet terminal at West Cowes)
- After booking, your order will be sent to TopGear Rentals and you will receive a Red Funnel confirmation by email. Please print your confirmation and show it to Red Jet ticket office staff (at Terminal 2, Town Quay, Southampton) who will issue day return Red Jet ticket(s). On arrival at Top Gear's premises in West Cowes please show staff the confirmation email and they will issue you with your cycle(s).
- Equipment includes: Front suspension 26" wheel mountain bikes with between 18-24 speeds and V Brakes. (Kid's bikes have a 24" wheel). Each cycling party will be furnished with a rucksack containing enough locks for the group, a pump, puncture repair kit, tyre levers and basic tools for readjusting saddle heights.
- Have a great day!