FREE Wi-Fi when you choose Red Funnel
First introduced in 2009, FREE Wi-Fi is available at all Red Funnel's terminals, onboard the company's 3 passenger vehicle ferries and is now available on board the 3 Red Jet Hi-Speed vessels.
The system is now more resiliant and reliable than ever and features 3G/4G back-up in areas of poor signal coverage.
How to use
To access the WiFi system just search for 'Red Funnel Free Wi-Fi' and click to accept the terms and conditions of use. The system is free to use but in order to give everyone equal access it is not possible to use some high bandwidth streaming services such as youtube.
You will find 240v power points which can be used for charging laptops or mobile phones (at owners risk) located at convenient points on most of our vessels.
- Red Jet 3
- Red Jet 4
- Red Jet 5
- MV Red Falcon
- MV Red Osprey
- MV Red Eagle
- Steam Coffee, West Cowes
- West Cowes Terminal
- East Cowes Terminal
- Southampton T1
- Southampton T2
Terms & Conditions of Use
Terms of Service
These terms, and our Fair Usage Policy together make up the terms and conditions for Red Funnel?s free Wi-Fi wireless service. Please take time to read them carefully. The Terms explain what you can use the Service for and the ways in which we will provide the Service. If anything's unclear, contact us at email@example.com or before accepting the Terms or using the Service.
If you're already a Red Funnel customer then these Terms are in addition to the terms of the other services provided by Red Funnel.
Making use of the Service
1. Red Funnel Wi-Fi is provided free of charge. Because of this, we retain the right to change the Terms at any time. For changes that we need to make in a hurry (for instance, to meet legal and regulatory requirements) we will not be able to give you advance notice. We may charge for certain elements of the service in the future. If we do intend to charge for any part of the Service, we will announce this via our red funnel web site.
2. Any changes we do make will be posted on our website. We may also give you notice by text to your nominated mobile phone number, and/or by email where you have supplied your email address to us for this purpose. Your continued use of the Service following the updating of the Terms indicates you accept those changes. As there is no minimum subscription period for the Service, if you do not like any changes that we make then you will be free to stop using the Service.
Accessing the Service
3. You can continue to use the Service for free as long as you continue to accept our Terms.
4. You can discontinue using the service at any time.
5. We may terminate or suspend your access to the Service without giving you advance notice if:
- a. you use more than the monthly data usage allowance for the Service which is set out in the Fair Usage Policy from time to time;
- b. we reasonably believe that you or others (whether under your control or not) are misusing the Service including but not limited to making use of the Service for illegal purposes;
- c. you otherwise breach these Terms (including our Fair Usage Policy);
- d. you're persistently abusive or make threats, repeatedly cause a nuisance or annoyance or otherwise act illegally towards our staff or our property;
- e. we're told to do so by the Government or other lawful regulatory authority or the emergency services;
- f. you allow anything to happen through the Service which in our reasonable opinion may have the effect of jeopardising the operation of the Service, or the Service are being used in a manner which is against your best interest, the best interests of other customers and/or us; or
- g. we're no longer able to provide you with the Service.
6. Red Funnel Wi-Fi is a wireless LAN data service which allows you to access data services while you're near one of our hotspots.
7. If you're within an appropriate distance of one of our hotspots (usually no more than 20 metres), you can connect to the Service using your compatible phone or computer device The Equipment must be able to use wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b or later). If you don't have compatible Equipment then the Service will not work for you.
8. The Service is intended for e-mail, instant messaging, internet browsing, using mobile applications and accessing corporate intranets.
9. The service may be subject to content filters which either prohibit or require age verification to access content on the internet which we may classify is suitable for over 18s only. We will use our discretion to determine what is or isn't adult content. Ultimately though, if you don?t agree with this then you are free to stop using the service at any time. The availability of content on the internet may vary from hotspot to hotspot.
10. The Service is available at hotspots located in our terminals and aboard our vessels. You should be able to use the Service at most hotspots. Best efforts will be made to provide uninterrupted access to the Service We cannot be, and are not, responsible for the security of your information which includes without limitation data you transmit on the Service, nor are we responsible for the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information obtained through the Service from the Internet.
12. You agree that you will use the Service in line with the Terms, including that you will:
- a. make sure that your Equipment complies with all applicable laws and standards. You must make sure that you have any necessary licenses before you use it to connect to our network and make sure that your Equipment is compatible;
- b. not use the Service for unlawful or illegal purposes;
- c. comply with the terms of the Fair Usage Policy;
- d. indemnify us against all losses, liabilities, costs (including legal costs) and expenses which we may incur as a result of any third-party claims against us arising from, or in connection with, your misuse of the Service or breach of these Terms; and
- e. take whatever steps you consider necessary to back-up and protect any data on your equipment taking additional measures over and above any measures included with our Service to protect your IT systems from viruses, trojans, malware and other threats to your property.
Our promise to you
13. Nothing in this Agreement shall restrict or exclude either party's liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by it or its employees' or agents' negligence, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
14. Except as expressly set out in the Terms, we are not liable to pay damages for use of the Service or any losses caused by failures, errors, delays or interruptions relating to the Service, including as a result of any failure to supply the Service.
15. We are not liable to pay damages if anyone else, other than you or us with your permission:
- a. gains access to, destroys or distorts any data or information held by you or about you by us.
16. We are not responsible for any goods or services supplied in a separate agreement with another supplier, even if access to those goods or services is through our network.
17. We do not accept liability for indirect or consequential loss, such as loss of profits, business, costs, expenses or any other form of economic loss
18. You shall at all times be under a duty to mitigate any losses suffered by you.
19. Each provision of this "Our promise to you" section operates separately. If any part is found by a Court to be unreasonable or inapplicable, the other parts will continue to apply.
20. If you have a complaint about our Service you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Any failure or delay by us in exercising or enforcing any rights or benefits granted by the Terms will not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or benefit; nor will it prevent us from exercising or enforcing any such right or benefit or any other right or benefit on any other occasion.
22. Each provision of these Terms is to be construed as a separate provision applying and surviving even if one or more of the other provisions of the particular clause is held inapplicable or unreasonable.
23. These Terms shall be governed and construed under English law and you and we submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. These Terms set out the entire agreement between you and us relating our supply of the Service to you (including all intended rights and obligations) and supersedes any and all previous agreements and understandings between you and us with respect this specific Service.
Red Funnel Address: 12 Bugle Street, Southampton, SO14, UK. Registered in England: 002404, All Rights Reserved, © 2015 Red Funnel
Red Funnel Wi-Fi Fair Usage Policy
The following Policy relates to your use of our Red Funnel Wi-Fi Service only. It is intended to make sure we can give you a great Service that is fast and reliable. You must ensure that any use of the Service, by yourself complies with this Policy. If you breach this Policy, we may terminate or suspend your Service, with or without notice as we consider appropriate, under the Terms.
This Policy is in addition to the Terms and Conditions for Red Funnel Wi-Fi and is part of the Terms for that Service. Anything which is not defined in this Policy will have the meaning set out in the Terms. If there's any inconsistency between the Policy and the Terms, the Policy will prevail.
What you must not do
1. You must not use the Service for:
- a. unlawful, fraudulent, criminal or otherwise illegal activities;
- b. sending, receiving, publishing, posting, distributing, disseminating, encouraging the receipt of, uploading, downloading or using any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, unlawful, harassing or menacing or a breach of the copyright, trademark, intellectual property, confidence, privacy or any other rights of any person;
- c. commercial purposes
- d. sending or uploading unsolicited emails, advertising or promotional materials, offering to sell any goods or services, or conducting or forwarding surveys, contests or chain letters, except if you are working from home as a sole trader in business on your own account or you are a Business Customer and in either case you are permitted to send marketing communications in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003;
- e. knowingly or negligently creating, transmitting, storing, publishing or uploading any electronic material (including, without limit, files that contain viruses, corrupted files, Trojans or any other similar software or program) which is known or likely to cause, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by us or any other Internet user or person;
- f. activities that invade another's privacy, cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person;
- g. activities that are in breach of any other third party's rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material;
- h. anything that may disrupt or interfere with our network or Service or cause a host or the network to crash;
- i. launching 'denial of service' attacks; 'SPAM' attacks; or 'flooding' attacks against a host or network;
- j. granting access to the Service to others not located at or within the vicinity of the premises at which the Service is connected, or, in any way reselling or re-providing the Service to third parties;
- k. making excessive use of, or placing unusual burdens on, the network, for example by sending or receiving large volumes of email or excessively large email attachments;
- a. circumventing the user authentication or security process of a host or network.
3. You're responsible for ensuring that security information remains confidential, so that the network cannot be used by any unauthorised person.
4. The security information includes, but is not limited to, information controlling access to:
- a. any equipment, computer hardware systems or networks;
- b. any computer software or applications; or
- c. any other services accessed by you in the use of either of the above.
- d. You shall not disclose any security information to any third party, or use the same for any purpose connected with the improper use of the network including accessing or attempting to access other parts of the services for which you do not have access rights.
5. You're responsible for taking all reasonable steps necessary to prevent a third party obtaining access to the network.
6. If you share access with others any downloads they make will be counted as your use and count towards any monthly download allowance or excessive usage.
7. You're responsible for your childrens use of the Service and for any breach of this Policy whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or should have known about it, whether or not you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission. You agree that we are not responsible for any of your activities in using the network.
8. It's your responsibility to determine whether any of the content accessed via the Service is appropriate for children to view or use.
9. There's a 500MB daily usage allowance. If you use more than 500MB in any day, we may suspend or terminate your Service.