Lymington to the Isle of Wight
Getting from Lymington to the Isle of Wight
Getting from Lymington to the Isle of Wight is possible using Wightlink's passenger vehicle ferry services to the Island town of Yarmouth.
South West Trains operate rail services to Lymington from Brockenhurst (change here from mainline services). National Express operate one coach service per day from Bourenmouth to Priestlands Place in Lymington. Local bus services are operated by Wilts & Dorset with services from Bouremouth and New Milton.
Vehicles - Lymington to Yarmouth
Wightlink operate car ferry sailings (not Christmas Day) between Lymington Pier and Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight's northwest shore. Outbound sailings commence at 0545 hrs with the last return sailing from Yarmouth at 2200 hrs. There are between 18 and 23 sailings in each direction depending on the day of the week but no overnight services. The advertised crossing time is 40 minutes. Most types of vehicles are carried but there are regulations covering the shipment of dangerous goods. Cycles are carried free of charge.
If you live in Lymington and travelling to West Wight it makes sense to use this route. If you are travelling from further afield and want to avoid traffic delays in Lyndhurst, travel overnight or possibly save some money why not compare Red Funnel's fares from Southampton to East Cowes using the form opposite.
Foot Passengers - Lymington to Yarmouth
From Lymington Pier, Wightlink's ferries cater for foot passengers. Trains shuttle between Brockenhurst, Lymington Town and Lymington Pier (saving a 20 minute walk) but don't always connect with the ferries. Cycles are carried FREE on the ferry. Pay & Display car parking is available at Lymington Pier for foot passengers arriving by car. Onward Southern Vectis bus connections are available from Yarmouth to Newport and West Wight.
Red Funnel customer reviews
Did you know?
- Red Funnel operate over 13,800 vehicle ferry sailings and 23,000 Red Jet passenger sailings each year
- We carry 3½ million people a year
- As well as ferry travel, we can arrange your holiday accommodation & book activity packages
- We also offer tickets to events and attractions with or without ferry travel
- Only Red Funnel offer a wide range of hot food to vehicle customers - our breakfast is famous!
- We have won RoSPA safety awards every year since 1999, including 12 Gold Medals
- In 2008 we achieved ISO9001 accreditation for shipboard management