The Needles Park, Alum Bay
Welcome to The Needles Park in Alum Bay
Situated at the most western end of the Isle of Wight and overlooking the spectacular Needles rocks and Solent, The Needles Park offers a range of attractions for all the family to enjoy, including a chairlift to the beach, Alum Bay Glass and a Sweet Manufactory. Launching on 4 May 2013 the newest attraction at The Needles Park is The Ultimate 4D Cinema experience , immerce yourself in 20,000 leagues Under the Sea!!
There's breathtaking scenery to be enjoyed from the chairlift, giving marvellous views of the natural coloured sand cliffs of Alum Bay. Visit the famous sand shop and create your own souvenirs. Take a boat trip for a close view of the dramatic Needles Rocks and Lighthouse. Enjoy the new Marconi's Licensed Tea Rooms where a warm welcome awaits you or visit the restaurant or one of the various kiosks around the park.
There will also be "Magic in the Skies" spectacular Firework Finale every Thursday evening throughout August, a great way to end a great day out.Buy Supersaver ticket books...
Things to do
The park is free to enter and rides and attractions are pay-as-you-go.
- Feel like you're right in the middle of the story at the 4D Cinema experience!
- Chairlift from the cliiff-top to the beach. An exciting way to enjoy the stunning views.
- Enjoy a swirling and twirling Tea Cup ride for all the family.
- Visit the Sweet Manufactory to see the delicious sweets being made before sampling them!
- Visit the Sand Shop to create your own sandy souvenir shape by filling a glass shape with the famous multi-coloured sands.
- Watch skilled glassmakers create handmade objects in Alum Bay Glass.
- Boat Trips from the jetty on the beach take you for a tour of Alum Bay and right up close to the Needles Rocks and Lighthouse.
- Vintage Cars for the children to drive their parents in.
- Win some fun prizes in the Traditional Games Kiosk, playing old favourites like 'Hook a Duck'.
Events at The Needles Park
- 'Magic in the Skies' Fireworks Spectacular | 31 Jul, 7, 14, 21, 28 Aug 2014 (weather permitting)
Needles Park Reviews
How to find us...
The Needles Park, Alum Bay, Isle of Wight, PO39 0JD
View Larger Map
For more information visit
The Needles Park website.