Isle of Wight Zoo
Isle of Wight Zoo & Tiger Sanctuary
Overlooking the sandy beaches of Sandown Bay, this is the Island’s original zoo. The team here pride themselves on delivering an inspiring and unique wildlife experience. A warm, friendly atmosphere awaits you and creates the perfect environment for getting to know a range of individual animals, from lions and tiger to monkeys and lemurs. Zena the white tiger is worth the visit alone! Zoo Tours run every day, including big cat feeding presentations, while younger children will love making new friends during small animal handling sessions
Things to do
- Zoo Tours are a great way to meet the keepers who will introduce you to their animals and answer any questions.
- Zoolitte Farm, an area popular with younger visitors, allows them to get up close and handle the rabbits, goats and other farm animals.
- The Zootique Cafe offers a relaxing break, with indoor and outdoor seating, serving a range of hot and cold lunches as well as cakes.
- Children's Play Area
- Free Car parking for zoo customers - collect a ticket from the main entrance
- Disabled access throughout
- Wheelchairs for loan (we advise customers to ring and reserve a wheelchair, particularly during busy periods)
- Baby Changing Facility
Address & Directions
Address: Yaverland Road, Sandown, Isle of Wight PO36 8QB. Location: On Yaverland Road, right in front of the beach.