Blackgang Chine on the Isle of Wight
Blackgang Chine - Step into the Land of Imagination
Overlooking the stunning South coast of the Island, Blackgang offers an enchanting experience like no other. Let your imagination run wild as you venture on a journey of discovery …. fighting pirates on-board your own ship, discovering life size moving dinosaurs and escape from danger, being sheriff of your own town, rounding up the outlaws and locking ‘em up – or experiencing the magic of being fairy princess in your own castle! Filled with an eclectic mix of attractions, theme worlds and exciting rides, you’ll find adventures around every corner, something for all the family.
The Blackgang Chine Experience celebrated a massive birthday in 2013 - 170 years of magical fun! It all began in the mid 1800's and the family owners have been developing it eversince.
One of Blackgang’s most popular attractions, Cowboy Town, will be re-opening this season bigger and better than before. The town’s been remodelled to include new buildings like the National Bank with its safe and gold bars, a ‘tin tabernacle’ Church and a new General Stores, where would-be cowboys can stock up on provisions, and get their own ‘wanted’ posters! For the little ones there’s a new covered tots play area too.
Restricted Area 5, the high security enclosure that contains the most life size moving dinosaurs is welcoming some NEW arrivals this season; a family of Triceratops. Explore ‘Restricted Area 5’, get up close and personal with dinosaurs of all types including an Argentinosaurus, bigger than a double decker bus and one of the largest animatronic T-Rex in the country …. but only if you’re brave enough!
Don't miss WaterForce - the Ultimate High Speed Boat Ride! Over 300ft of pure exhilaration and adrenaline at speeds of up to 40km/hr. Dare you Take The Plunge? See what you can get the famous talking parrot to say at Pirate Cove which features a lively battle between a priate ship and a French frigate. Crossbones adventure play area, a pirate shooting gallery. In addition there are two award winning heritage attractions - Disappearing Village and World of Timber.Buy Blackgang Chine tickets...
Things to do at Blackgang Chine
- Eccentric attactions including a giant hedge maze and hall of funny mirrors.
- Animated attractions including The Musical Pet Shop and the Fairy Castle.
- Themed adventures for kids inlcuding Pirate Cove, Cowboy Town, Restricted Area 5...
Events at Blackgang Chine
- Shadow & Shelia (resident baby T-rex dinosaurs) are entertaining in thier new 'live' shows | 30 Mar; 01, 04, 06, 08 & 11 Apr 2015
- Cowboy Showdown | 24-28 May 2015
- Fairy Fling | 03-04 May 2015
- "Are you brave enough" Dinosaur Show Nights |20, 27 Jul, 03, 10, 17, 24 & 31 Aug 2015
- Blackgang's Big Night Out | 22, 29 Jul & 05, 12, 19, 26 Aug 2015
- Blackgang Chine Illuminations | 24-31 Oct 2015
- Parking for approx 500 cars. Small environmental charge. Limited disabled parking.
- Food and drink available from outlets within the park including The Chine Café, La Cantina, Chocabloc and iScream
- Great souvenirs and fun play items available from Dinostore, General Store and the main entrance.
Blackgang Chine Reviews
How to find us...
Blackgang Chine, Nr Ventnor, Isle of Wight, PO38 2HN - 01983 730330
View Larger Map