Isle of Wight Events from October to December
We've highlighted the premier Isle of Wight autumn events below together with a detailed listing of all Island events taking place during the period 1st October to 31 December. Click on the links for more details and information about how to book or buy tickets.
Isle of Wight Marathon
12 Oct 2014, Cowes
The 58th International Isle of Wight Marathon Race is taking place this October, which also incorporates the 39th Annual Open Women's I.O.W Marathon. The 26 mile looped course follows quieter roads from West Cowes - Yarmouth - West Cowes. I.O.W Marathon...
Isle of Wight Literary Festival
15-18 Oct 2015, Various venues in Cowes
The festival features well known writers, actors, exhibitions and a programme especially tailored for youngsters. No matter what your literary taste, the acclaimed programme will be bursting with writers and speakers who are sure to make it an unforgettable weekend. IoW Literary Festival...
Isle of Fright
18 Oct - 02 Nov 2014, Island wide
16 days of spooky happenings and frightfully good times for all the family on the Isle of Wight which according to many is the most haunted island in the world - there's scarcely a place where you won't come across ghostly apparitions or things going bump in the night. Isle of Fright...
Isle of Wight Autumn Walking Festival Weekend
24-27 Oct 2014, Island Wide
From the Isle of Wight Walking Festival organisers, comes the Autumn Walking Weekend. There's a choice of over 50 guided walks taking place all around the Island, including the ever popular speed-dating walk, and several spooky Halloween themed excursions all of which offer the opportunity to take in the scenic splendour as greens fade to gold. Autumn Walking Festival Weekend...
Bonfire & Fireworks Night
05 Nov 2014, Arreton Barns
Arreton Barns will again be hosting its firework display. With giant bonfire and torch light procession. Arreton Barns website...
Festive Guided Tours at Osborne House
Selected dates between 19 Nov-31 Dec 2014, Osborne House
Have a festive day out and join expert guides to discover how Queen Victoria and her family celebrated Christmas. Get into the Christmas spirit as rooms are decorated ready for the festive season. Festive Guided Tours...
Isle of Wight Steam Railway Santa Specials
06, 07, 13, 14, 20-24 Dec 2014, Havenstreet
Santa is making Havenstreet his special Christmas home again this year! As always there will be live Christmas music, bustling Christmas market, and lots of entertainment and magic shows just for the children. Why not have a stroll through Santa's sparkling Winter Wonderland before going to see him! Then relax with a cosy 10-mile round trip through the Island's winter countryside, aboard a majestic steam train. Santa Specials...
A Victorian Christmas at Osborne House
06 & 07 Dec 2014, Osborne House, East Cowes
Experience the spirit of a traditional Victorian Christmas. Delight in magic and illusion at the side-shows and marvel at the travelling theatre. Enjoy carol singing and shopping for festive gifts in a wintry scene. Click on the link below for more information and details of how to get to Osborne House from Southampton. Osborne Victorian Christmas...
Isle of Wight Arts - Open Studios @ Christmas
06 & 07 Dec 2014, Ventnor Botanical Gardens
The 2014 Open Studios @ Christmas will be held at Ventnor Botanical Gardens this year. It will feature 28 Artists and Craft Makers from across the Island. There will be an exciting selection of creative and imaginative Christmas gifts from unusual stocking-fillers to those special statement pieces, including fine art, textiles, glass work, jewellery, screen-prints, photography, ceramics, felt crafts, illustration and driftwood art, available in all price ranges. Open Studios @ Christmas...
Cowes Christmas Festival
13-14 Dec 2014, Cowes Yacht Haven
Showcasing lsle of Wight local food and drink producers in the heart of Cowes, just a 25 minute crossing on Red Funnel’s Red Jet from Southampton. Cowes Christmas Festival...
Christmas Carvery Night at Isle of Wight Steam Railway
20 Dec 2014, Havenstreet
Experience the magic of steam at night and enjoy a festive carvery dinner. You will be welcomed with a glass of mulled wine before boarding the 'Festive Flyer' for a relaxing trip through the night time countryside. Then adjourn to the Calbourne Room for a special three course candlelit Christmas carvery supper, accompanied by seasonal music and carols. Christmas Carvery...
Full Events Listing from October to December 2014
- Electric Woods: Festival of Light | 04-31 Oct 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- IoW Literary Festival | 16-19 Oct 2014 | Cowes
- Isle of Fright | 18-31 Oct 2014 | Island wide
- Star Gazing Weekend | 24-26 Oct 2014 | Nr Yarmouth
- Discover Culver Downs | 24 Oct 2014 | Culver Downs
- IoW Autumn Walking Festival | 24-27 Oct 2014 | Island-wide
- Spooky Castle | 25-31 Oct 2014 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- Autumn Nature Trail | 25-31 Oct 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Spooktacular Fun | 28-30 Oct 2014 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- Guided Fossil Walks | 29-31 Oct 2014 | Various Locations
- Spooktacular | 29-31 Oct 2014 | Appuldurcombe -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Guided Fossil Walk | 01 Nov 2014 | Brook
- Spooky Castle | 01-02 Nov 2014 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- Electric Woods: Festival of Light | 01-02 Nov 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Isle of Fright | 01-02 Nov 2014 | Island wide
- Autumn Nature Trail | 01-02 Nov 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Farmer Jack's Pumpkin Patch | 2014 dates TBC | Arreton Old Village
- Guided Fossil Walks | 15-16 Nov 2014 | Various Locations
- Star Gazing Weekend | 21-23 Nov 2014 | Nr Yarmouth -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- A Victorian Christmas | 06-07 Dec 2014 | Osborne House
- Santa Steam Train Specials | Various dates in Dec 2014 | Havenstreet
- Cowes Food Show | 13-14 Dec 2014 | Cowes Yacht Haven, West Cowes
- Guided Fossil Walk | 14 Dec 2014 | Yaverland
- Guided Fossil Walks | 29-30 Dec 2014 | Various Locations
- Mince Pie Steam Train Specials | 26-27 Dec 2014 | Havenstreet