Red Funnel Cowes Food Show
Celebrating Isle of Wight Produce!
The Red Funnel Cowes Food Shows highlight the very best in local Isle of Wight produce from organically grown tomatoes and oak smoked garlic, to freshly baked artisan bread and delicious dairy ice cream. We also showcase talented local chefs and home-cooking experts through our interactive food theatre. Our show also features a great choice Isle of Wight Arts and Crafts.
The next show takes place on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th December 2013 as part of the Cowes Christmas Festival. Admission is FREE but we welcome donations to our official event charity - Earl Mountbatten Hospice.
The show will feature: - Food Theatre Demos from top local chefs & talks from IoW producers, Vintage Vacation's Santa's Grotto, Stalls with Island Food, Drinks, Arts and Crafts, Gifts, Children's Face painting, Bouncy Castles, A Magician, Live Music, Bar selling Island Ales, Hot Chestnuts, Mulled Wine, A Guitar and Saxophone player and lots more...
Christmas Cake Competition Sponsored by Calbourne Classics
We are running a very special Christmas Cake Competition on Sunday 15 December at the Cowes Christmas Festival. The competition will be part of the Cowes Food Show and entries must be received by 10.30am on Sunday 15 December.
Cakes must have a Christmas theme and will be judged on both taste and appearance. The lucky winner will receive family tickets for Rhythmtree Festival 18 - 20 July 2014 (2 adults and 2 children).
Cake Competition Rules:
- Cakes need to be baked and decorated by the individual entering the competition
- Cakes need to be made in a clean/food safe environment
- Cakes need to be delivered to the Food Theatre by 10.30 on Sun 15 December with name/address & telephone number attached
- Only one submission per entrant
- Cakes will be judged on two sets of criteria (1) Taste and (2) Appearance
Cookery Theatre Running Order
Saturday 14th December
10.30 am The Pond Café - Joanne Bennett
11.30 am The Isle of Wight Brewery
12.30 pm The Dairy Deli - Luke Hadden
13.30 pm Tramezzini Deli - Adam Fendyke
2.15 pm Lugleys of Newport - Phil Hopkins
3.15 pm Goddards Brewery - Patrick Birley
4.00 pm CLOSE
Sunday 15th December
10.30 am The Pond Café - Joanne Bennett
11.30 am Made by Krista - Amazing Juices from this new Island Company
12.30 pm The Isle of Wight Brewery
1.30 pm Isle of Wight Fudge
2.30 pm How to order your Christmas Meat. It’s not too late! Richard Brownrigg
3.15 pm Taste The Wight
3.45 pm Christmas Cake Judging – including a top prize of Rhythmtree World Music Festival Camping Tickets
4.00 pm CLOSE
Local businesses have been fantastic in supporting the festival and are running special offers during the weekend of the festival. Please see a selection of offers below:
- Amabi - 10% Off at restuarant
- Slam - 15% off
- Jolliffe's Coffee Shop - Free Mince Pie with a cup of tea or coffee
- Deeva - 10% off
- Green Buoy Arts - 10% off
- Graces Bakery - 99p Bacon Roll or £1.60 Bap
- Weird Fish - 20% off between 4-7 Sat and all day Sun
- Berties - £9 Christmas Buffet Menu
- Just French - Free heart craft gift with purchases over £10
- Plaza Ice Cream - Mince pie Ice Cream and waffles buy one get one 1/2 price
- Sailing Clothing - 10% off
- Buff - 10% off
- Quay 4 - 30% off clothing
- Henri Lloyd - Live music, mulled wine and mince pies and 20% off clothing
- Joli - 10% off
- Endeavour House B&B - 3 nights for the price of 2 that weekend
- True Style - 25% off
- Finishing Touches - 10% off
- Rock on the Dock - 10% off selected gift bags
- Mizpah House (Self catering holiday home. Sleeps up to 14 people) - 10% off when taking the house for the weekend of the 14th and 15th December
- Slam - 25% discount on all full priced items #
- Hair Port - receive a free head massage with any hair treatment on 14 Dec
- Murrays Seafood Restaurant - one course lunch from £6
- Wine Therapy - 10% off selected wines
- Shorelines of Cowes - 10% off & a complimentary cupcake with any purchase
- Caledon Guest House - Minimum 15% discount off any room any night, book online for the best rates
- PHG Cowes - 10% off, plus free mulled wine
- Hamo Thornycroft Marine Photography @ at Jolliffe's Gallery & Coffee Shop - 10% off
Cowes Artisan Market
The Artisan Market will be back again on 14 & 15 Decembe as part of the Cowes Christmas Festival.
To find out more and for the latest news visit the Cowes Artisan Market page
Sat 14 & Sun 15 December
2 for £12 Red Jet Voucher
If you are interested in exhibiting please contact Kelly on 023 8024 8547.
Exhibitors confirmed so far
- Mayflower Theatre
- Sharon Orchard
- Island Ales
- The Village Bakery
- The Garlic Farm
- The Tomato Stall
- The Dairy Deli
- Isle of Wight Espresso
- Twins Gluten Free
- Pink's Foods
- Wight Wildlife
- Mrs Buckett's Kitchen
- The Constant Doodler
- Available Light Photography
- Isle of Fudge
- Exclusively by Christine
- Adam Fendyke
- Cowes Primary School
- Isle of Wight Cheese
- Wild Island Dressings
- Little Joy Jewellery
- Oil of Wight
- Harbors Lake
- Mulled Wine & Chestnuts
- House of Chilli
- Chocolate Mad Cowes
- Adgestone Vineyard
- Cards by Ruth
- Wyatt & Jack
- Wight Island Glass
- Sable Safari Wear
- Ancient Tribal Wisdom
- Mayflower Theatre
- Jan Hadley Popcorn/Floss
- Rustie Buckets
The Isle of Wight is a revelation for food lovers with treats and surprises round every corner. From farmers to fisherman, bakers to brewers, the Island has an extraordinary selection of first class producers. From Gold Award Winning cheese to sausages championed by Jamie Oliver. So tuck-in to a season of fresh produce and get a taste of the good life on the Isle of Wight.
The Island is also a hotbed of art, design and craft talent, many with serious eco-credentials. From hand-blown unique glass ornaments and prints to sustainably produced clothing there is a great choice of unique gifts available on the Island.Find out more Eating Out Guide
Children's Entertainment - FREE
Dazzle & Fizz will be at the show from 11 till 3pm. They will perform some special 30 minute magic shows at 12, 1 and 2pm
Facepainting - FREE
From 10am till 4pm we will be offering FREE facepainting for kids from our professional facepainting artist!
Dressed as 17th century ship carpenters the team from Green Buoy Arts will be making carvings on the day or get involved yourself.
We are very pleased to have the Earl Mountbatten Hospice on the Isle of Wight as the shows official charity. The Hospice have a free stand at the show and we welcome any donations from members of the public attending the shows in lieu of any admission fee.
5 August 2012 Food Show
28 October 2012 Food Show
9 December Xmas Food & Gift Show
24 March 2013 Spring Food and Flower Show
9 June 2013 Food, Arts and Crafts Show
11 August 2013 Food, Arts and Crafts Show
15 September 2013 Food, Arts and Crafts Show
The Cowes Food Show is sponsored and hosted by Red Funnel Isle of Wight Ferries. The event is organised and managed by a team of Island food and event experts Louise (Calbourne Classics), Jenny (Real Island Food Co.) and Matt (Widget Productions).
Thanks to our supporters at Isle of Wight Radio, Hampshire Fare, Cowes Business Association, Isle of Wight County Press, myisleofwight.com and The Fountain (Greene King).
The Food Show is right in the heart of Cowes, so why not explore this beautiful sailing town. There's a great selection of Pubs, Restaurant, Boutique shopping and more. Or take the floating bridge over to East Cowes to visit Osborne House, Queen Victoria's Island retreat.More about Cowes More about East Cowes
The Food Show is located in the heart of Cowes, just a 25 minute crossing on Red Funnel’s Red Jet from Southampton.
The show is held directly outside the Red Jet terminal in Cowes adjacent to the Fountain Inn and Cowes Yacht Haven, right in the heart of Cowes.
Show a valid Red Jet ticket (for the day of the show) and you can get discounts at the following Cowes Businesses;
Check out our event special ferry offers at the top of this page and hand it in on arrival in Southampton.
Here are some reviews from our previous food shows;
The show is held in a courtyard directly outside the Cowes Red Jet terminal, with easy access for wheelchairs.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are available in the Red Jet ticket office.
- Parking is not available outside the Red Jet Terminal, please use local car parks.
- Bus and Taxi services drop-off and pick-up outside the Co-operative store, just a 1 minute walk from the Show.