Isle of Wight Events from July to September
We've highlighted the premier Isle of Wight summer events below together with a detailed listing of all Island events taking place during the period 1st July to 30 September. Click on the links for more details and information about how to book or buy tickets.
10-12 Jul 2015, Calbourne Water Mill
The MondoMix Project is a three day celebration of live music, with three intimate stages all providing a range of live and recorded music and all designed to break down the barriers between audience and artist. MondoMix Project...
Isle of Wight Arts Open Studios
17-20 Jul, South & West Wight & 24-27 Jul, North, East & Central Wight
Artists and makers open their homes or studios to visitors for two Open Studios weekends, giving the opportunity to meet them in their working environment, find out about how they work and should you choose, make a purchase. IoW Open Studios...
Monday Nights from 20 Jul-31 Aug 2015, Blackgang Chine
Monday nights are Dino Nights: 'Are you brave enough?'. A whole evening of dinosaur entertainment will take place every Monday during the summer holidays. Come and meet Shadow and Sheila and their baby dino friends. Plus are you brave enough to enter 'Restricted Area 5' in the evening when the dinosaurs begin to stir? Buy Tickets...
Big Night Out Fireworks Extravaganza
Weds Nights from 22 Jul-26 Aug 2015, Blackgang Chine
Back by popular demand, the 'Big Night Out' Fireworks Extravaganza will take place every Wednesday during the summer holidays. Enjoy an evening of fun and entertainment including street performers, magicians, roaming dinos, live music, a BBQ and to bring your day to a spectacular end, an awe-inspiring musical firework display set off from the cliff edge! Buy Tickets...
23-27 Jul 2015, South Fairlee Farm
V-Dub Island is for all Volkswagen owners new and old, Vee Dub enthusiasts and like-minded people. Featuring the best entertainment, heaps of family fun and lots more beside. Discounted ferry travel available. Buy V-Dub Island Tickets...
Music & Magic in the Skies
Every Thursday from 30 Jul - 27 Aug, The Needles Park
Every Thursday from 30 July to 27 August, The Needles Park will be putting on a pyromusical extravaganza 'Music & Magic in the Skies', with heaps of free entertainment throughout the day. Music & Magic in the Skies...
01-02 Aug 2015, Chale Recreation Ground
The Chale Show returns to the Isle of Wight this August to promote horticulture and raise vital funds for Island based charities. The event is set to be a fantastic weekend packed full of childrens' entertainment, live music and over 1500 exhibits. Chale Show...
Jack Up the 80s Vol 3
08-09 Aug 2015, Newchurch
Hold on to your 80s ra-ra skirts for a little while longer and don’t chuck your roller boots away just yet, as the Isle of Wight is gearing itself up for another family friendly festival! Jack Up the 80s is back for its third year with acts including, ABC, Go West,The Original Bucks Fizz and many more. So don't miss out get your tickets now! Jack Up the 80s...
Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week
08-15 Aug 2015, Cowes/Solent
Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week offers a fantastic experience for sailors and non-sailors alike. This prestigious regatta attracts thousands of boats of all sizes and classes. Soak up the unique party atmosphere, which culminates with a spectacular firework display on the Friday night. Cowes Week...
Ventnor Fringe Festival
11-16 Aug 2015, Ventnor
The Ventnor Fringe is a unique celebration of the arts, showcasing emerging and established talent across every creative discipline. Each year it attracts more than 300 performers from across the world that together transform Ventnor into a wonderland of pop up bars and secret venues. Ventnor Fringe Festival...
Isle of Wight Garlic Festival
15-16 Aug 2015, Near Newchurch, Sandown
Over 20,000 visitors are expected to attend, sampling the famous garlic sausages, garlic beer, and even garlic Ice Cream. The event also showcases the best of Island produce, plays host to bands, remarkable circus performers and exotic animals, not to mention a huge beer tent and classic car show. Isle of Wight Garlic Festival...
Isle of Wight Scooter Rally
28-31 Aug 2015, Ryde
Held at Smallbrook Stadium in Ryde, the Isle of Wight Scooter Rally has been taking place for over 10 years and is now firmly established in the Isle of Wight event calendar. Every August bank holiday thousands of scooter enthusiasts from all over the world descend on the Island to celebrate iconic Italian design and British youth culture.
Isle of Wight Scooter Rally...
41st Island Steam show
28-31 Aug 2015, Havenstreet - Tickets on sale now (save 10%)
An action-packed show and great family day out! Stunning shows including ‘Legends’ Medieval Jousting in the main arena, will make you gasp, cheer and laugh. Climb aboard the traditional fairground rides ... And marvel at the beautifully maintained traction engines, vintage cars, motorcycles and old wagons. With steam train rides, stalls, country crafts, refreshments, and even a Red Indian encampment! Isle of Wight Steam Show...
Wolverton Manor Garden Fair
05-06 Sep 2015, Shorwell
Set in the magnificent gardens of Wolverton Manor, the annual Garden Fair features stalls and horticultural displays from local and mainland nurseries, as well as a themed Elizabethan village complete with fantastical costumes, delicious food and magical musicians. Wolverton Manor Garden Fair...
Isle of Wight Cycling Festival
05-27 Sep 2015, Island wide
With its mix of events and activities to suit all ages and abilities, hardcore cyclists can take their pick from the notorious Hills Killer Challenge; a gruelling orienteering mountain bike race against the clock, over 3, 7 or 14 hills, or attempt to "Cycle the Wight" a 65 mile road ride around the Island. Alternatively, you can simply join in with one of many rides taking place all over the Island, and enjoy the stunning scenery. IoW Cycling Festival...
Cowes Classic Offshore Powerboat Race
06 Sep 2015, Cowes, Isle of Wight
The Formula One of the Sea, powerboat racing returns to the Solent with the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes endurance race and the UIM Marathon Series World Cup. With thrills on the water and plenty of shoreside entertainment, it's a great day out for the whole family. Cowes Classic Offshore Powerboat Race...
10-13 Sep 2015, Robin Hill Country Park, Newport
Robin Hill will once again come alive with the sound of music and Bestival devotees can expect another eclectic and inspired range of artists. The music is only part of what makes Bestival so magical. The family friendly atmosphere and weird and wonderful events and attractions such as the famous fancy dress carnival and the inflatable church help make Bestival a fitting finale to the festival season. Bestival Isle of Wight...
26 Sep 2015, Arreton Old Village
The annual Sweetcorn Fayre at Arreton Barns will be celebrating everything corn related during the last weekend of September. Held in aid of Beaulieu House Respite, you can join in the fun to experience all that corn has to offer, with giant fritters, competitions, games, BBQ, vintage craft stalls, fairground rides and so much more. IoW Sweetcorn Fayre...
- Guided Fossil Walk | 04-05 Jul 2015 |Various Locations
- 1940's Experience | 04-05 Jul 2015 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- All Wight Sportive | 05 Jul 2015 | Yarmouth
- IoW Artists' Open Studios | 17-20 Jul 2015 | Western Isle of Wight
- Panerai British Classic Week Regatta | 18-25 Jul 2015 | Cowes/Solent
- Guided Fossil Walks | 18-31 Jul 2015 | Various Locations
- Cowes Classics Week | 20-24 Jul 2015 | Cowes/Solent
- Dino Nights | 20 & 27 Jul 2015 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- Electric Woods Ambient August | 21, 23, 28 & 30 Jul 2015 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Big Night Out Fireworks Extravaganza | 22 & 29 Jul 2015 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- V-Dub Island | 23-27 Jul 2015 | Afton
- IoW Artists' Open Studios | 24-27 Jul 2015 | Eastern Isle of Wight
- The Railway Folk | 2015 date TBC | Havenstreet
- Twilight Photography Workshop | 27 Jul 2015 | Sandown
- Cowes Carnival | 2015 date TBC | Cowes
- Music & Magic in the Skies | 30 Jul 2015 | The Needles | TICKETS
- Travelling Film Show - War Horse | 31 Jul 2015 | Mottistone Gardens
- Travelling Film Show - The Lost Boys | 01 Aug 2015 | The Garlic Farm
- Chale Show | 01-02 Aug 2015 | Chale Recreation Ground
- Cowes Dinghy Week | 01-05 Aug 2015 | Cowes/Solent
- Twilight Photography Workshop | 03 Aug 2015 | Sandown
- Dino Nights | Mons in Aug 2015 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- Electric Woods Ambient August | Tues & Thurs in Aug 2015 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Big Night Out Fireworks Extravaganza | Weds in Aug 2015 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- Guided Fossil Walks | 2015 date TBC | Various Locations
- Music & Magic in the Skies | Thurs in Aug 2015 | The Needles | TICKETS
- Aberdeen Asset Mgt Cowes Week | 08-15 Aug 2015 | Cowes/Solent
- Jack up the 80s | 08-09 Aug 2015 | Arreton | TICKETS
- 40's Weekend | 08-09 Aug 2015 | Calbourne Water Mill | TICKETS
- Ventnor Fringe Festival | 11-16 Aug 2015 | Ventnor
- IoW Film Festival | 11-15 Aug 2015 | Ventnor
- Yaverland Sandcastle Competition | 2015 date TBC | Yaverland Beach
- Yarmouth Carnival Week | 15-22 Aug 2015 | Yarmouth
- IoW Garlic Festival | 15-16 Aug 2015 | Nr Newchurch
- Really Wild Photography Workshop | 24 Aug 2015 | Sandown
- Ryde Carnival | 27 Aug 2015 | Ryde
- 41st Island Steam Show | 28-31 Aug 2015 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- IoW National Scooter Rally | 28-31 Aug 2015 | Ryde/Island-wide
- Travelling Film Show - The Lion King | 29 Aug 2015 | Isle of Wight Zoo
- Travelling Film Show - The Jungle Book | 30 Aug 2015 | Isle of Wight Zoo
- Electric Woods Ambient August | 31 Aug 2015 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Guided Fossil Walks | 01-04 Sep 2015 | Various Locations
- Wolverton Manor Garden Fair | 05-06 Sep 2015 | Shorwell
- Isle of Wight Cycling Festival | 05-27 Sep 2015 | Various Locations
- Cycle Ride & Fossil Walk | 06 Sep 2015 | Shanklin
- Cowes Offshore Powerboat Race | 06 Sep 2015 | Cowes/Torquay
- Bestival | 10-13 Sep 2015| Robin Hill, Newport | TICKETS
- Little Britain Challenge Cup | 10-13 Sep 2015 | Cowes/Solent
- Stargazing Weekend | 11-13 Sep 2015 | Yarmouth
- International Classic Car Show | 19-20 Sep 2015 | Newport/Ryde
- Cycle the Wight | 2015 date TBC | Ryde, E Cowes, Yarmouth & Blackgang
- Sweetcorn Fayre | 26 Sep 2015 | Arreton Old Village
- Needles Triathlon | 27 Sep 2015 | West Wight