Isle of Wight Events from July to September
We've highlighted the premier Isle of Wight summer events below together with a detailed listing of all Island events taking place during the period 1st July to 30 September. Click on the links for more details and information about how to book or buy tickets.
Newport Jazz Weekend
17-20 Jul 2014, Newport
The line-up for 2014 is taking shape as the organisers look to top the great success of last year's inaugural event. With an apperance from the award-winning New Orleans gospel/blues outfit Tipitina. As well as the Bateman Brothers' "Tribute to Louis Armstrong" and Nigel Price Organ Trio, with more acts to be announced. Newport Jazz Weekend...
18-20 Jul 2014, Shalfleet
A fusion of didgeridoo, Samba and World Music in the beautiful setting of Three Gates Farm on the Isle of Wight. One of the hottest world music festivals of the summer.
Rhythm Tree Music Festival...
Isle of Wight Arts Open Studios
18-21 Jul, South & West Wight & 25-28 Jul, North, East & Central Wight
Artists and makers open their homes or studios to visitors for two Open Studios weekends, giving the opportunity to meet them in their working environment, find out about how they work and should you choose, make a purchase. IoW Open Studios...
Osborne Summer Concerts
26-27 Jul 2014
Don't miss two of the summer's hottest concerts featuring pop music sensation Little Mix and Welsh legend Sir Tom Jones live in the stunning grounds of Queen Victoria's former royal home, Osborne House, in East Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Summer Concerts...
Small Adventures for Royal Children
01-31 Aug 2014, Osborne House
Join the Victorian explorer for tales of adventure, bravery and wonders of the Victorian era. Explore the lives of the Royal Children at the new Swiss Cottage exhibit. Join Victorian favourite Mr Punch and his wife Judy for mischief and amusement. Enjoy a game of quoits or skittles and a delicious island-made ice cream. Small Adventures for Royal Children...
02-03 Aug 2014, Chale Recreation Ground
The Chale Show returns to the Isle of Wight this August to promote horticulture and raise vital funds for Island based charities. The event is set to be a fantastic weekend packed full of childrens' entertainment, live music and over 1500 exhibits. Chale Show...
Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week
02-09 Aug 2014, Cowes/Solent
Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week offers a fantastic experience for sailors and non-sailors alike. This prestigious regatta attracts thousands of boats of all sizes and classes. Soak up the unique party atmosphere, which culminates with a spectacular firework display on the Friday night. Cowes Week...
Ventnor Fringe Festival
12-17 Aug 2014, Ventnor
The Ventnor Fringe is the Isle of Wight's take on the famous Edinburgh Fringe, an open access arts festival which aims to create a unique cultural hub, with events taking place in venues across the eclectic town of Ventnor, on the southern tip of the Island. Ventnor Fringe Festival...
14-18 Aug 2014, Afton Park, Freshwater
V-Dub Island is for all Volkswagen owners new and old, Vee Dub enthusiasts and like-minded people. Featuring the best entertainment, heaps of family fun and lots more beside. Discounted ferry travel available. Buy V-Dub Island Tickets...
Isle of Wight Garlic Festival
16-17 Aug 2014, Near Newchurch, Sandown
Over 20,000 visitors are expected to attend, sampling the famous garlic sausages, garlic beer, and even garlic Ice Cream. The event also showcases the best of Island produce, plays host to bands, remarkable circus performers and exotic animals, not to mention a huge beer tent and classic car show. Isle of Wight Garlic Festival...
Isle of Wight Scooter Rally
22-25 Aug 2014, Ryde
Held at Smallbrook Stadium in Ryde, the Isle of Wight Scooter Rally has been taking place for over 10 years and is now firmly established in the Isle of Wight event calendar. Every August bank holiday thousands of scooter enthusiasts from all over the world descend on the Island to celebrate iconic Italian design and British youth culture.
Isle of Wight Scooter Rally...
The 40th Island Steam show
22-25 Aug 2014, Havenstreet
An action-packed show and great family day out! Stunning shows including ‘Legends’ Medieval Jousting in the main arena, will make you gasp, cheer and laugh. Climb aboard the traditional fairground rides ... And marvel at the beautifully maintained traction engines, vintage cars, motorcycles and old wagons. With steam train rides, stalls, country crafts, refreshments, and even a Red Indian encampment! Isle of Wight Steam Show...
Wolverton Manor Garden Fair
30-31 Aug 2014, Shorwell
Set in the magnificent gardens of Wolverton Manor, the annual Garden Fair features stalls and horticultural displays from local and mainland nurseries, as well as a themed Elizabethan village complete with fantastical costumes, delicious food and magical musicians. Wolverton Manor Garden Fair...
Cowes Classic Offshore Powerboat Race
31 Aug 2014, Cowes, Isle of Wight
The Formula One of the Sea, powerboat racing returns to the Solent with the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes endurance race and the UIM Marathon Series World Cup. With thrills on the water and plenty of shoreside entertainment, it's a great day out for the whole family. Cowes Classic Offshore Powerboat Race...
04-07 Sep 2014, Robin Hill Country Park, Newport
Robin Hill will once again come alive with the sound of music and Bestival devotees can expect another eclectic and inspired range of artists. The music is only part of what makes Bestival so magical. The family friendly atmosphere and weird and wonderful events and attractions such as the famous fancy dress carnival and the inflatable church help make Bestival a fitting finale to the festival season. Bestival Isle of Wight...
Isle of Wight Cycling Festival
13-28 Sep 2014, Island wide
With its mix of events and activities to suit all ages and abilities, hardcore cyclists can take their pick from the notorious Hills Killer Challenge; a gruelling orienteering mountain bike race against the clock, over 3, 7 or 14 hills, or attempt to "Cycle the Wight" a 65 mile road ride around the Island. Alternatively, you can simply join in with one of many rides taking place all over the Island, and enjoy the stunning scenery. IoW Cycling Festival...
Cowes Food Show - Harvest Special
14 Sep 2014, Northwood House, Cowes
The Red Funnel Cowes Food Shows highlight the very best in local Isle of Wight produce, from organically grown tomatoes and oak smoked garlic, to freshly baked artisan bread and delicious dairy ice cream. Our September show will be a harvest special and will feature a selection of fantastic local food, drink, gifts and crafts. Cowes Food Show...
27-28 Sep 2014, Arreton Old Village
The annual Sweetcorn Fayre at Arreton Barns will be celebrating everything corn related during the last weekend of September. Held in aid of Beaulieu House Respite, you can join in the fun to experience all that corn has to offer, with giant fritters, competitions, games, BBQ, vintage craft stalls, fairground rides and so much more. IoW Sweetcorn Fayre...
Full Events Listing from July to September 2014
- Guided Fossil Walk | 05 July 2014 | Yaverland
- The 1940's Steam Railway Experience | 05-06 Jul 2014 | Havenstreet
- All Wight Sportive | 06 Jul 2014 | Various
- Paneri British Classic Week | 12-19 Jul 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- Newport Jazz Weekend | 17-20 Jul 2014 | Newport
- Rhythmtree Festival | 18-20 Jul 2014 | Calbourne
- IoW Artists' Open Studios | 18-21 Jul 2014 | Western Isle of Wight
- Guided Fossil Walks | 19-26 Jul 2014 | Various Locations
- Electric Woods Ambient August | 19-31 Jul 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Twilight Photography Workshop | 20 Jul 2014 | Sandown
- Cowes Classics Week | 21-25 Jul 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- Summer Nature Trail | 24-31 Jul 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- IoW Artists' Open Studios | 25-28 Jul 2014 | Eastern Isle of Wight
- The Railway Folk | 26-28 Jul 2014 | Havenstreet
- Cowes Dinghy Week | 26-30 Jul 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- Guided Fossil Walks | 28-31 July 2014 | Various Locations
- Blackgang's Big Night Out | 30 Jul 2014 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- Cowes Carnival | 30 Jul 2014 | Cowes
- Knights' School | 01-10 Aug 2014 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- Electric Woods Ambient August | 01-31 Aug 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Summer Nature Trail | 01-31 Aug 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Guided Fossil Walks | 01-31 Aug 2014 | Various Locations
- Ryde Carnival | 02 Aug 2014 | Ryde
- Chale Show | 02-03 Aug 2014 | Chale Recreation Ground
- Aberdeen Asset Mgt Cowes Week | 02-09 Aug 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- Blackgang's Big Night Out | 06, 13, 20 & 27 Aug 2014 | Blackgang Chine
- If You Go Down To The Woods Today | 06 Aug 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Cowes Week Fireworks Excursion | 08 Aug 2014 | Onboard the Red Falcon | TICKETS
- Jack up the 80s | 09-10 Aug 2014 | Arreton
- 40's Weekend | 09-10 Aug 2014 | Calbourne Water Mill | TICKETS
- Yarmouth Carnival Week | 09-16 Aug 2014 | Yarmouth
- Really Wild Twilight Photography Workshop | 10 Aug 2014 | Sandown
- Grand Medieval Joust | 12-14 Aug 2014 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- Ventnor Fringe Festival | 12-17 Aug 2014 | Ventnor
- IoW Film Festival | 12-16 Aug 2014 | Ventnor
- Ventnor Carnival | 13 Aug 2014 | Ventnor
- V-Dub Island Festival | 14-19 Aug 2014 | Newport | TICKETS ON SALE NOW
- Yaverland Sandcastle Competition | 14 Aug 2014 | Yaverland Beach
- IoW Garlic Festival | 16-17 Aug 2014 | The Garlic Farm, Newchurch
- Grand Medieval Joust | 19-21 Aug 2014 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- 40th IoW Steam Show | 22-25 Aug 2014 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- IoW National Scooter Rally | 22-25 Aug 2014 | Ryde/Island-wide
- Really Wild Photography Workshop | 24 Aug 2014 | Sandown
- Knights' Tournament | 26-28 Aug 2014 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- Wolverton Manor Garden Fair | 30-31 Aug 2014 | Shorwell
- Cowes Classic Offshore Powerboat Race | 31 Aug 2014 | Cowes/Torquay -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Summer Nature Trail | 01 Sep 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Guided Fossil Walks | 01-03 Sep 2014 | Various Locations
- Bestival | 04-07 Sep 2014 | Robin Hill, Newport | TICKETS ON SALE NOW
- Little Britain Challenge Cup Regatta | 04-07 Sep 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- Autumn Harvest Guided Walk | 10 Sep 2014 | Mottistone Estate
- International Classic Car Show | 13-14 Sep 2014 | Newport/Ryde
- Isle of Wight Cycling Festival | 13-28 Sep 2014 | Island Wide
- Cowes Food Show | 14 Sep 2014 | Northwood House, Cowes
- Cycle Ride & Fossil Walk | 14 Sep 2014 | Shanklin
- The Wight Challenge | 20 Sep 2014 | Porchfield
- Cycle the Wight | 21 Sep 2014 | Ryde, E Cowes, Yarmouth & Blackgang
- Star Gazing Weekend | 26-28 Sep 2014 | Nr Yarmouth
- Sweetcorn Fayre | 27-28 Sep 2014 | Arreton Old Village
- West Wight Triathlon | 28 Sep 2014 | West Wight