Isle of Wight Events from April to June
We've highlighted the premier Isle of Wight spring events below together with a detailed listing of all Island events taking place during the period 1st April to 30 June. Click on the links for more details and information about how to book or buy tickets.
Isle of Wight Memorial Ploughing Match
06 Apr 2014, New Wolverton Farm, Shorwell, PO30 3LH
Attended by almost 100 ploughmen and women, the ploughing match features horse drawn ploughs, vintage tractors and the latest modern machinery. Entry is FREE and all donations go to the Island's Earl Mountbatten Hospice. More...
Easter Fun at Isle of Wight Steam Railway
18-21 Apr 2014, Havenstreet
Treat yourself and your family to a relaxing day out over the Easter break and enjoy the spectacle of some of the Island’s blossoming Spring-time countryside from the comfort of your seat on a spectacular steam train! More...
Robin Hill's Mad Easter Egg Dash
12 Noon 20 & 21 Apr 2014, Robin Hill
Robin Hill wouldn't be the same at Easter without its celebrated Easter Egg Dash - and this year is no different this coming Easter Weekend! Set in the safe confines of the Island's favourite country park, families of all ages are invited to take part. More...
Isle of Arts Festival
02 - 05 May 2014, Ventnor
Isle of Arts is a 4-day festival of the arts, celebrating music, film, drama, art, photography, literature, comedy and more. More...
Isle of Wight Walking Festival
03-18 May 2014, Island wide
Featuring over 200 walks to suit all ages and abilities and with over half the Island being recognised as an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty including over 500 miles of well-maintained footpaths. More...
Walk the Wight
11 May 2014, Bembridge & Carisbrooke
This is the largest sponsored walk in the South and covers the breadth of the Isle of Wight raising money for the Island’s Hospice which cares for over 800 terminally ill patients every year. In 2009 over 11,500 people Walked the Wight raising over £319,000 towards patient care. More...
Robin Hill Days of Adventure
26-30 May 2014, Robin Hill Adventure Park
New for 2014, the fun and exciting 'Days of Adventure' where visitors are offered the chance to 'test their aim' at archery and 'get hands on' with fire lighting and survival skills as part of the Bushcraft activities. More...
Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival
30 May-01 Jun 2014, Yarmouth
During the Festival, Yarmouth's picturesque harbour will be filled with life and colour with more than 100 visiting traditional sailing, steam and motor vessels, including the cream of the Old Gaffers fleet. More...
01 Jun 2014, Yaverland
The beautiful coastline of the Isle of Wight plays host to this years Aqua Adrenaline event. Centred at Yaverland there will be plenty of opportunity to try your hand at all manner of watersports. More...
Isle of Wight Festival
11-14 Jun 2015, Seaclose Park, Newport
Tickets are on sale now to the legendary 2015 Isle of Wight Festival with acts due to be announced in the coming months. More...
Fathers Day at Isle of Wight Steam Railway
15 Jun 2014, Havenstreet
Steam trains are made for Dads! Your Dad, whatever his age, will enjoy a day out at the Isle of Wight Steam Railway - Whether it's reminiscing about travelling on steam trains as a boy, checking out all the engineering equipment, or maybe he's secretly dreamt of being a train driver! More...
Festival of the Sea
16-23 Jun 2014, Various Locations
The Isle of Wight's new Festival of the Sea takes place across the Island over seven days from Monday 16th to Monday 23rd June 2014. There will be a wide range of activities, promotions and events - all revolving around the seaside theme. More...
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
18-21 Jun 2014, Osborne House
Quay Arts are bringing to the Island for the first time, a production by Shakespeare's Globe, the accessible comedy Much Ado About Nothing. Working in partnership with English Heritage, the production will be performed outdoors on the lawns of Osborne House. More...
JP Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race
21 Jun 2014, starting at Cowes
One of the world’s largest and most famous yachting races, the JPMorgan Asset Management Round the Island Race takes place in Cowes, Isle of Wight and attracts an annual entry of up to 1800 boats. More...
Full Events Listing from April to June 2014
- Guided Fossil Walks | 05-15 Apr 2014 | Various Locations
- Spring Nature Trail | 05-21 Apr 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- IoW Memorial Ploughing Match | 06 Apr 2014 | New Wolverton Farm, Shorwell
- A Royal Children's Easter | 07-21 Apr 2014 | Osborne House | TICKETS
- Days of Adventure | 11 Apr 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Wight Woodturners | 13-30 Apr 2014 | Newtown Old Town Hall
- Spring to Life: Meet the New Lambs | 15 Apr 2014 | Newtown National Nature Reserve
- Spring to Life: Woodland Nature Detectives | 16-17 Apr 2014 | Newtown National Nature Reserve
- Wight Knights 'Revolution Crusade' | 17-21 Apr 2014 | Various
- Days of Adventure | 18 Apr 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Paint your own Egg Cup this Easter | 18-21 Apr 2014 | Chessell Pottery
- Steam Train Easter Fun | 18-21 Apr 2014 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- Spring Living and Giving Fair | 19 Apr 2014 | Riverside Centre, Newport
- Easter Egg Hunt | 20 Apr 2014 | Arreton Barns
- Egg-cellent Fun | 20 Apr 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Easter Egg-citement | 20 Apr 2014 | Mottistone Gardens
- Mad Easter Egg Dash | 20-21 Apr 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Star Gazing Weekend | 25-27 Apr 2014 | Nr Yarmouth
- Cowes Food Show | 27 April 2014 | Fountain Yard, West Cowes
- Wight Woodturners | 01 May 2014 | Newtown Old Town Hall
- Isle of Arts Festival | 02-05 May 2014 | Ventnor
- Spring Real Ale Festival | 03-05 May 2014 | Havenstreet
- IoW Main Walking Festival | 03-18 May 2014 | Island-wide
- Rally for Heroes | 04 May 2014 | Northwood House
- IoW Randonnee | 04 May 2014 | Various Locations
- 1940s Themed Day | 04 May 2014 | East Dene, Bonchurch
- The Fairy Fling | 04-05 May 2014 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- Steam Up Weekend | 04-05 May 2014 | Calbourne Water Mill | TICKETS
- Local Views and Landscapes | 04-29 May 2014 | Newtown
- Guided Fossil Walk | 05 May 2014 | Yaverland
- Dawn Chorus Walk | 06 May 2014 | Newtown
- Discover Culver Downs | 07 May 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Walk the Wight | 11 May 2014 | Bembridge
- Wolverton Folk & Blues Festival | 17 May 2014 | Wolverton Manor, Shorwell
- IOW Festival of Transport | 18 May 2014 | Havenstreet
- Spring Gala - Dinosaurs of Island Steam | 24-26 May 2014 | Havenstreet
- Butterfly ID Trail | 24-31 May 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Mottistone Manor House Open Day | 26 May 2014 | Mottistone
- Days of Adventure | 26-30 May 2014 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Star Gazing Weekend | 30 May 2014 | Nr Yarmouth
- Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival | 30-31 May 2014 | Yarmouth
- Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival | 01 Jun 2014 | Yarmouth
- Butterfly ID Trail | 01 Jun 2014 | Bembridge Windmill
- Guided Fossil Walks | 01-02 Jun 2014 | Various
- Island Steam Days | 08 Jun 2014 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- Mottistone Common Nightjar Walk | 11 Jun 2014 | Mottistone
- Isle of Wight Festival | 12-15 Jun 2014 | Newport | TICKETS ON SALE NOW
- Really Wild Photography Workshop | 15 & 29 Jun 2014 | Sandown
- Festival of the Sea | 16-23 Jun 2014 | Various Locations
- JP Morgan Round the Island Race 2014 | 21 Jun 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- JP Morgan Round the Island Race Breakfast | 21 Jun 2014 | Needles Old Battery
- Guided Fossil Walk | 21 Jun 2014 | Compton Bay
- Cowes Food Show | 21-22 Jun 2014 | Cowes Yacht Haven
- 10th Quarter Ton Cup | 25-27 Jun 2014 | Cowes/Solent
- Cats The Musical - By Wight Stars CIC | 27-29 Jun 2014 | Medina Theatre
- Midsummer Jazz | 28 Jun 2014 | Havenstreet
- Royal IoW County Show | 28 Jun 2014 | Northwood
- Strawberry Fair | 28-29 Jun 2014 | Chessell Pottery