Isle of Wight Events from April to June
We've highlighted the premier Isle of Wight spring events below together with a detailed listing of all Island events taking place during the period 1st April to 30 June. Click on the links for more details and information about how to book or buy tickets.
Easter Family Fun at The Needles
01-19 Apr 2015, The Needles Park
Visit The Needles Park for the Easter holiday period and enjoy three brand new attractions for 2015. Immerse yourself in the brand new 4D film experience - The Lost World, hop on board the new Carousel and take home a great range of locally sourced produce in the new retail outlet - Taste of the Wight. More...
Easter Fun at Isle of Wight Steam Railway
03-06 Apr 2015, Havenstreet
Treat yourself and your family to a relaxing day out over the Easter break and enjoy the spectacle of some of the Island’s blossoming Spring-time countryside from the comfort of your seat on a spectacular steam train! Kids go FREE so there is plenty to keep the youngsters occupied. More...
Osborne Easter Fun
03-06 Apr 2015, Osborne House
Play your part in a Victorian adventure. Take on a role in the mini-dramas and have fun with traditional giant games. Follow in the footsteps of the royal children and have fun this Easter in the beautiful grounds of Osborne. Follow the trail amid the daffodils and claim your chocolate prize. Buy Tickets...
Robin Hill's Mad Easter Egg Dash
05 & 06 Apr 2015, Robin Hill
Robin Hill's famous 'Mad Easter Egg Dash' will be held on Sunday 5th and Monday 6th April. Children of all ages are invited to take part in this fun Easter egg hunt where no-one ever goes home disappointed! Prizes include a range of different size eggs. Their special friends the Easter Bunny and Squawk Birds will also be on hand to make sure the dash goes off with a bang! Buy Tickets...
Isle of Wight Memorial Ploughing Match
12 Apr 2015, New Wolverton Farm, Shorwell, PO30 3LH
Attended by almost 100 ploughmen and women, the ploughing match features horse drawn ploughs, vintage tractors and the latest modern machinery. Entry is FREE and all donations go to the Island's Earl Mountbatten Hospice. More...
Isle of Arts Festival
01-04 May 2015, Ventnor
Isle of Arts is a 4-day festival of the arts, celebrating music, film, drama, art, photography, literature, comedy and more. Using different venues in Ventnor, there will be one or more featured headline events each day, supported by exhibitions and cultural events. More...
Isle of Wight Challenge 2015
02-03 May 2015, Starting from Cowes
Walk it, jog it or run it. Great challenges need great settings - and there's none better than the Island's stunning coastal paths! The Ultra Challenge heads out from Cowes, past The Needles, on and around for 106km - with spectacular coastlines, dramatic cliffs & sandy beaches. More...
02-04 May 2015, Yaverland
The beautiful coastline of the Isle of Wight plays host to this years Aqua Adrenaline event. Centred at Yaverland there will be plenty of opportunity to try your hand at all manner of watersports. More...
Isle of Wight Walking Festival
02-17 May 2015, Island wide
Featuring over 300 walks to suit all ages and abilities and with over half of the Island being recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and over 500 miles of well-maintained footpaths, it's no wonder the Isle of Wight is home to the UK's largest walking festival More...
Rise of the Ronin
03 May 2015, Cheverton Farm Nr. Newport
The inaugural Rise of the Ronin Obstacle race takes place this May Bank Holiday, With some of the most challenging features and obstacles ever selected for an obstacle race it will be crucial that each entrant finds their inner warrior and stands alone against their fears waving goodbye to their comfort zones as they cross the start line. Now is the time to dig deeper than ever and rise to this epic battle of physical and mental endurance. More...
Fairy Fling Festival
03 & 04 May 2015, Blackgang Chine
Fairy dust is in the air as Blackgang Chine prepares to host its 'Fairy Fling' Festival, when all that is magical about the Fairy Kingdom will be celebrated and would-be fairies and their friends are welcome to come along and join the fun! Lots of activities planned and the Fairy Queen will be on hand along with her fairy friends to share their magic spells, and sprinkle their fairy dust around the park. Buy Tickets...
Walk the Wight
10 May 2015, Bembridge & Carisbrooke
The 25th Anniversary of the largest sponsored walk in the South and covers the breadth of the Isle of Wight raising money for the Island’s Hospice which cares for over 800 terminally ill patients every year. In 2009 over 11,500 people Walked the Wight raising over £319,000 towards patient care. More...
Wolverton Folk & Blues Fair
16 May 2015, Wolverton Manor, Shorwell
Wolverton Manor will once again provide the stunning backdrop to this exciting Island event. Raising money for Leukaemia Research and Brightstone School, there will be a full programme featuring the best of the Island's Folk & Blues musicians, from solo acoustic to full electric band. More...
Magical May Half Term
23-31 May 2015, The Needles Park
Visit The Needles at the South Western tip of the Isle of Wight for some family fun this May half term, with entertainment from various childrens entertainers, magicians and bands. More...
Cavaliers and Roundheads
25-31 May 2015, Carisbrooke Castle
Pikes at the ready! The country is divided, brother against brother. Discover what it took to be a soldier of the English Civil War. Test your agility in the kids' battle; learn cavalry skills and how to master your weapon in our soldiers drill. Hear tales from the Civil War including the story of King Charles I. Buy Tickets...
Victoria's Fabulous Fete
26-28 May 2015, Osborne House
Come and celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday with a fabulous fete at her favourite home by the sea. Join the party as the Victorian Circus comes to Osborne, complete with daring horse riders, jugglers, sideshows and clowns. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the British Empire as Her Majesty entertains her guests. Enjoy the spectacle and cheer Her Majesty as she arrives in a splendid procession to open the day's festivities. Buy Tickets...
Newport Jazz Weekend
28-31 May 2015, Various locations in Newport
The line-up for 2015 is taking shape as the organisers look to top the great success of last year's inaugural event. The Newport Isle of Wight Jazz Weekend is now in its fourth year and will feature the very best of UK jazz, covering all styles. The event is non-profit making and is organised by local volunteers and musicians. More...
Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival
29-31 May 2015, Yarmouth
During the Festival, Yarmouth's picturesque harbour will be filled with life and colour with more than 100 visiting traditional sailing, steam and motor vessels, including the cream of the Old Gaffers fleet. On shore there will be a huge range of attractions keeping the thousands of visitors entertained from morning til night all weekend. More...
Isle of Wight Festival
11-14 Jun 2015, Seaclose Park, Newport
Tickets are now on sale for the legendary 2015 Isle of Wight Festival with acts including Fleetwood Mac, The Prodigy, Pharrell Williams, The Black Keys, Paolo Nutini and many more. Don't miss out book your ticket and travel package now! More...
Fathers Day at Isle of Wight Steam Railway
21 Jun 2015, Havenstreet
Steam trains are made for Dads! Your Dad, whatever his age, will enjoy a day out at the Isle of Wight Steam Railway - Whether it's reminiscing about travelling on steam trains as a boy, checking out all the engineering equipment, or maybe he's secretly dreamt of being a train driver! More...
JP Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race
27 Jun 2015, starting at Cowes
One of the world’s largest and most famous yachting races, the JPMorgan Asset Management Round the Island Race takes place in Cowes, Isle of Wight and attracts an annual entry of up to 1800 boats. Enticing competitors from all around the world the Round the Island Race attracts entries from all manner of boats from classic yachts to modern racing vessels bristling with the latest technology. More...
The Royal County Show
27 Jun 2015, Northwood
This is the show where cattle, sheep and poultry come first. It's a fantastic day out for all the family, combining entertainment and fun with the opportunity to enjoy many aspects of Island country life and farming. More...
Festival of the Sea
22-29 Jun 2015, Various Locations
The Isle of Wight's new Festival of the Sea takes place across the Island over seven days from Monday 22nd to Monday 29th June 2015. There will be a wide range of activities, promotions and events - all revolving around the seaside theme. More...
Full Events Listing from April to June 2014
- Guided Fossil Walks | 01-03 Apr 2015 | Various Locations
- Spring Nature Trail | 01-12 Apr 2015 | Bembridge Windmill
- Easter Family Fun | 01-19 Apr 2015 | The Needles Park | TICKETS
- Easter Fun at Steam Railway | 03-06 Apr 2015 | Havenstreet
- Paint your own egg cup this Easter | 03-06 Apr 2015 | Chessell Pottery
- Osborne Easter Fun | 03-06 Apr 2015 | Osborne House | TICKETS
- Easter Egg Hunt | 05 Apr 2015 | Arreton Barns
- Mad Easter Egg Dash | 05-06 Apr 2015 | Robin Hill | TICKETS
- Wight Woodturners | 05-23 Apr 2015 | Newtown Old Town Hall
- IoW Memorial Ploughing Match | 12 Apr 2015 | New Wolverton Farm, Shorwell
- Star Gazing Weekend | 17-19 Apr 2015 | Nr Yarmouth ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Isle of Arts Festival | 01-04 May 2015 | Ventnor
- Guided Fossil Walk | 02 May 2015 | Yaverland
- The Isle of Wight Challenge | 02-03 May 2015 | Starting from Cowes
- Spring Real Ale Festival | 02-04 May 2015 | Havenstreet
- IoW Walking Festival | 02-17 May 2015 | Island-wide
- Rise of the Ronin | 03 May 2015 | Cheverton Farm
- IoW Randonnee | 03 May 2015 | Various Locations
- Fairy Fling Festival | 03-04 May 2015 | Blackgang Chine | TICKETS
- National Mills Weekend | 09-10 May 2015 | Calbourne Water Mill | TICKETS
- Walk the Wight | 10 May 2015 | Bembridge
- Wolverton Folk & Blues Festival | 16 May 2015 | Wolverton Manor, Shorwell
- Riverfest | 16 May 2015 | Newport
- IOW Festival of Transport | 17 May 2015 | Havenstreet
- Magical May Half Term | 23-31 May 2015 | The Needles | TICKETS
- Cavaliers and Roundheads | 25-31 May 2015 | Carisbrooke Castle | TICKETS
- Victoria's Fabulous Fete | 26-28 May 2015 | Osborne House | TICKETS
- Newport Jazz Weekend | 28-31 May 2015 | Newport
- Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival | 29-31 May 2015 | Yarmouth
- Isle of Wight Festival | 11-14 Jun 2015 | Newport | TICKETS ON SALE NOW
- Island Steam Days | 14 Jun 2015 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- Really Wild Photography Workshop | 14 & 22 Jun 2015 | Sandown
- Midsummer Nights Steam | 20 Jun 2015 | Havenstreet | TICKETS
- Guided Fossil Walk | 21 Jun 2015 | Shanklin
- Festival of the Sea | 22-29 Jun 2015 | Various Locations
- JP Morgan Round the Island Race 2015 | 27 Jun 2015 | Cowes/Solent
- Royal IoW County Show | 27 Jun 2015 | Northwood
- Strawberry Fair | 27-28 Jun 2015 | Chessell Pottery